January transfers

markbmcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
markbmcfc said:
He has a release clause, they have no choice if it's met.

release clause cannot be activated until the summer.

Oh ball sacks.

OK you win :)
dortmund will sell in jan if they don't they will get only the release fee and have no option of where he goes . munich remains a good possibility the player might still refuse to move then it is just a case off making a good offer

Kun Aguero said:
zandvoort blue said:
Michu on loan.

Not good enough for mid table Swansea but good enough for the Champions.

Ok.

Well, while everyone`s creaming their pants over Bony, Michu had a similar goal scoring record whilst at Swansea, 28 goals in 63 games. Gary Monk wanted him to stay, but Michu wanted a fresh start after an injury prone 2013/2014 season.

Ok.

Interesting choice zb but Michu isn't having a great time on loan at Napoli.

zandvoort blue said:
Kun Aguero said:
zandvoort blue said:
Michu on loan.

Ok.

Well, while everyone`s creaming their pants over Bony, Michu had a similar goal scoring record whilst at Swansea, 28 goals in 63 games. Gary Monk wanted him to stay, but Michu wanted a fresh start after an injury prone 2013/2014 season.

Ok.

Didn't Monk want rid of the Spanish players at Swansea as they had caused a click?

I rate Michu but for me Dzeko and Aguero are better number 9's and I'd rather have Nasri, Silva, Jovetic or Yaya playing off the striker.

Ok.

PSmyth07 said:
blue ranger said:
I think people missing the point with Bony - let's assume the fee is £25m, I'm not sure we have that money to spend due to FFP

I'm curious about this FFP rule. If say we agree to pay £10m upfront for someone and then another £10m in 2016 how much goes down towards FFP?

The full £20m would count m8. I'm not an expert but think we had £49m net to spend and have spent about £38m. Hence the £11m difference but don't think anyone knows the true mangala fee.

The only way around it would be loan with compulsory buy I think. For example £5m loan fee and £20m fee in summer. Bit like Valencia done with negredo.

Kun Aguero said:
zandvoort blue said:
Kun Aguero said:

Ok.

Ok.

Didn't Monk want rid of the Spanish players at Swansea as they had caused a click?

I rate Michu but for me Dzeko and Aguero are better number 9's and I'd rather have Nasri, Silva, Jovetic or Yaya playing off the striker.

Ok.

Where Monk is quoted as wanting Michu to stay at Swansea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28178598

The situation is that we need someone to bide us over a 2 month or so period. The current injuries sustained by Dzeko and Jovetic are re-occurences, and who`s to say Aguero won`t break down again. Using what we currently have could end up as a real strain on the player resources. We need someone whilst we ensure we get our current strikers back, but we don`t rush them back to soon. A loan player seems the sensible option so we don`t end up overloaded with strikers come the summer when the serious spending happens. Perhaps a player who is prepared to make the effort to put himself in the shop window. But loans will only be players that other clubs don`t want, unless we can pick up somebody completely leftfield.

Touche

Pelegrini says he's got a list of strikers for Jan, can anyone come up with a list that are genuine targets in Jan.

blue ranger said:
PSmyth07 said:
blue ranger said:
I think people missing the point with Bony - let's assume the fee is £25m, I'm not sure we have that money to spend due to FFP

I'm curious about this FFP rule. If say we agree to pay £10m upfront for someone and then another £10m in 2016 how much goes down towards FFP?

The full £20m would count m8. I'm not an expert but think we had £49m net to spend and have spent about £38m. Hence the £11m difference but don't think anyone knows the true mangala fee.

The only way around it would be loan with compulsory buy I think. For example £5m loan fee and £20m fee in summer. Bit like Valencia done with negredo.

The problem with any acquisition is two fold. There is the impact on FFP, both what we have signed up to re net spend and what the cost does to our current year profit/loss and future FFP compliance. And separately squad lists: The big reason we let Negredo go was due to us not having a space for a foreign player.

We would need to rework the lists for anyone we sign so if you want say Bony then you need to say which foreign player are you going to drop for him and in which completions.

Kun Aguero said:
Blueboy73 said:
Pelegrini says he's got a list of strikers for Jan, can anyone come up with a list that are genuine targets in Jan.

Altidore
Fortune
Crouch
Walters
Best

Bloody hell, better off sticking with Pozo than that bunch of clowns! About 3 goals and 46 offsides between the lot of 'em.

How about David Villa or Defoe on loan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.