January transfers

SambaStyle said:
Feed the Elk said:
SambaStyle said:
Juan Mata for around 30M would be a good deal for both parties, United are horribly balanced and Mata is perfect suite for City.

Lol yeah 30m jelly beans maybe

Don't be silly. He was Chelsea's best player by far 2 seasons ago, he has had a rough spell playing out of position, he's better than Nasri and would flourish in right system.

he doesnt run the game like Silva does and Nasri is a better all round player. Mata has a very good final ball and his finishing is top notch, as well as set pieces, but he would make us unbalanced

bluechampion7891 said:
SambaStyle said:
Feed the Elk said:
Lol yeah 30m jelly beans maybe

Don't be silly. He was Chelsea's best player by far 2 seasons ago, he has had a rough spell playing out of position, he's better than Nasri and would flourish in right system.

he doesnt run the game like Silva does and Nasri is a better all round player. Mata has a very good final ball and his finishing is top notch, as well as set pieces, but he would make us unbalanced

I would take him at City, just not for anywhere near the £30m you suggested

Feed the Elk said:
bluechampion7891 said:
SambaStyle said:

I would take him at City, just not for anywhere near the £30m you suggested
I'm convinced the original poster was fishing. Lest we forget, Mata was a panic signing by a boardroom executive who was at odds with Moyes, a manager who was not noted for having any confidence in players like Mata anyway. They paid vastly over the odds for Mata and they now have another manager who also doesn't seem to rate him too highly. If City had paid such money for a misfit, we would have been inundated with loan requests for such player and there would never have been a whiff of a serious offer, let alone a bid of £30m.

Let Mata stay just where he is. He is occupying a squad place and with the heavy spending of Vadge in the background, I don't see any need for City to help relieve the rags auditors as they try to bend their clients books to fit any potential calamity that might overtake them.

Re: January Targets

mancity dan said:
Now that the summer transfer window is shut, where do you think we need to or will strengthen?

We probably will not attempt to but until the summer when free from FFP completely (but still need to keep an eye on our net spend so not to fall foul of it again a year later either domestically or for European)

Supposedly then, we are to buy:

a) Pogba from Juventus
b) Koke from Athletico Madrid
c) Sergio Ramos from Real Madrid
d) Mario Mandžukić from Athletico Madrid

Surely no matter who we buy the approach should always to go through the current team one by one and say do we want better than him, can we get better than him or are we happy with him etc.

I would suggest fixed for the club for the present and thus players we want to keep no matter what, and add to are:

1) Hart
2) Zabaleta
3) Kompany
4) Silva
5) Aguero

Add to that having spent £ 32 million on Mangala we cannot really just discard him after 1 season and then we ware looking at improving in any of the following areas

a) A Left back possibly
b) Centre midfielder possibly
c) Winger possibly
d) Strike partner for Aguero

It would be great (for the team and the profile of the club) but fanciful, to think we could sign a megastar i.e. Lional Messi (even if he was interested in coming). With FFP no one could afford him (even Utd) unless a major sponsor agreed to fund part of the deal. and his wages.

I think Ross Barkley would be good for us, but not for an eye watering £ 50 million (£ 25 - £ 27 million more realistic (i.e. get back what they paid for Lukaku) and even that would be Everton taking liberties again).

I think at this point (although it could change by the end of the season) we might look to sell:

1) Dzeko (sometimes great, sometimes very poor)
2) Jovetic (injuries have meant we are still not sure of his ability)
3) Kolarov or Clichy (sometimes good, sometimes poor)
4) Yaya Toure (has he reached the end of his time with City ?)
5) Sinclair (simply needs to move on for him and us)
6) Nastasic (same comments as with Sinclair)
7) Boyata (if we buy another centre half or use Denayer or Rekik and also keep Demichelis surely his time with us is over also)
8) Richards (will be a free agent this summer after his loan at Fiorentina ?)
9) John Guddeti (likley to move permanently maybe to Celtic ?)
10) Richard Wright (we surely simply have to have the EDS keeper (Angus Gunn) on standby if our first choice keepers get injured\suspended ?)

Other question marks may hang over

a) Navas (decent but if we could get better ?)
b) Nasri (sometimes great, but at times frustrating and a little short of pace, but likely to be here next season)
c) Sagna (we will probably keep him, but has he shown enough ?)
d) Caballero (similar points as to Sagna and surely better to have a young English keeper as backup to Joe Hart)
e) Fernando and Fernandinho (we could sell 1 if we buy 2 central midfield players i.e. Pogba and Barkley, but I think both will still be in our squad next season)
f) Milner (will he sign a new contract ? I hope so)

In addition we have to start to add 1 or 2 players at least to our starting 18 (i.e. the 7 subs at least) from the likes of Lopes, Pozo, Ambrose, Fofana, , (Rekik or Denayer), Barker, Hiwula, Zucculini, Iheanacho

City1974 said:
mancity dan said:
Now that the summer transfer window is shut, where do you think we need to or will strengthen?

We probably will not attempt to but until the summer when free from FFP completely (but still need to keep an eye on our net spend so not to fall foul of it again a year later either domestically or for European)

a) Pogba from Juventus

Surely no matter who we buy the approach should always to go through the current team one by one and say do we want better than him, can we get better than him or are we happy with him etc.

I would suggest fixed for the club for the present and thus players we want to keep no matter what, and add to are:

1) Hart
2) Zabaleta
3) Kompany
4) Silva
5) Aguero

Add to that having spent £ 32 million on Mangala we cannot really just discard him after 1 season and then we ware looking at improving in any of the following areas

a) A Left back possibly
b) Centre midfielder possibly
c) Winger possibly
d) Strike partner for Aguero

It would be great (for the team and the profile of the club) but fanciful, to think we could sign a megastar i.e. Lional Messi (even if he was interested in coming). With FFP no one could afford him (even Utd) unless a major sponsor agreed to fund part of the deal. and his wages.

I think Ross Barkley would be good for us, but not for an eye watering £ 50 million (£ 25 - £ 27 million more realistic (i.e. get back what they paid for Lukaku) and even that would be Everton taking liberties again).

I think at this point (although it could change by the end of the season) we might look to sell:

1) Dzeko (sometimes great, sometimes very poor)
2) Jovetic (injuries have meant we are still not sure of his ability)
3) Kolarov or Clichy (sometimes good, sometimes poor)
4) Yaya Toure (has he reached the end of his time with City ?)
5) Sinclair (simply needs to move on for him and us)
6) Nastasic (same comments as with Sinclair)
7) Boyata (if we buy another centre half or use Denayer or Rekik and also keep Demichelis surely his time with us is over also)
8) Richards (will be a free agent this summer after his loan at Fiorentina ?)
9) John Guddeti (likley to move permanently maybe to Celtic ?)
10) Richard Wright (we surely simply have to have the EDS keeper (Angus Gunn) on standby if our first choice keepers get injured\suspended ?)

Other question marks may hang over

a) Navas (decent but if we could get better ?)
b) Nasri (sometimes great, but at times frustrating and a little short of pace, but likely to be here next season)
c) Sagna (we will probably keep him, but has he shown enough ?)
d) Caballero (similar points as to Sagna and surely better to have a young English keeper as backup to Joe Hart)
e) Fernando and Fernandinho (we could sell 1 if we buy 2 central midfield players i.e. Pogba and Barkley, but I think both will still be in our squad next season)
f) Milner (will he sign a new contract ? I hope so)

In addition we have to start to add 1 or 2 players at least to our starting 18 (i.e. the 7 subs at least) from the likes of Lopes, Pozo, Ambrose, Fofana, , (Rekik or Denayer), Barker, Hiwula, Zucculini, Iheanacho

If it was football manager, and being mindful of FFP I'd buy and sell the following:

IN:

Bony
Rolando Aarons (Next Oxbo or Sterling)
Barkley (or Pogba)
Trippier (Looks very competent at PL level thus far, cheap, former blue, better than sagna plus homegrown and english)
Isco
Kurzawa (Looks likely anyway)
Another forward. Perez at Newc, Carlos Vela, somebody in that mould...

OUT:

Dzeko
Jovetic
Sagna
Kolorov
Nastasic
Richard Wright

Over the next 2/3 transfer windows.

I'd promote a youth team keeper, a striker (iheanacho, Devante Cole..), and Lopes. I'd also give games to Angelino, Pozo and a few others if they aren't already on loan.

BayernMan said:
There some reports Shaqiri is on his way to Juve on a loan deal with an option to buy

Based on what I have watched, albeit not that much, he comes across as a bit of a selfish, showpony.

All my posts appear to negative today....

Manc in London said:
BayernMan said:
There some reports Shaqiri is on his way to Juve on a loan deal with an option to buy

Based on what I have watched, albeit not that much, he comes across as a bit of a selfish, showpony.

All my posts appear to negative today....
Don't worry you haven't said anything that isn't true in that post ;)

Shaqiri has become selfish these past couple seasons, taking shots he has no business taking and just overall poor decision making in his game.

City1974 said:
mancity dan said:

a) Pogba from Juventus

I'd fucking love Ramos here, but surely Real won't sell?

Why not test the water with a offer for Messi, buy now and he comes to us in the summer? Would £100m cash get him?

If Bale does go (and lets face it the way the rags have thrown money away lately they may well go for him, even if he doesnt want to leave he may end up there if Madrid want rid) we need top quality to go with Sergio if we are going to win the big prize and continue to challenge at home.

Any thoughts yes or no?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.