January window

Give Fulham Phillips and 10 million less than Bayern were going to pay for Palinha before the deal fell through.

He's the only person available and good enough to walk straight into the side in January to make an impact.

In the Summer, take Florian Wirtz whatever the price. Give his Mum and Dad their own private fucking Etihad planes the lot, whatever it takes, no fucking about over a few million quid.

Posted on the Phillips thread about whether an arrangement could be made between us and Juventus to switch Phillips + cash for Rabiot. Both players are 28, same as Palhinha, but Rabiot is out of contract in the summer and Juventus might need cash now— no European football. He’s vastly more experienced, than either with a wealth of Champions League experience, and has the height and physique to play in central midfield. There have always been, however, numerous question marks over his ‘character’, so that might deter us. Then again, you can have a lovely character and simply not get on the Etihad pitch these days. Not the ideal solution then, but depending on our squad needs and availability, perhaps a cheaper stopgap until we learn Paqueta’s fate.

There have always been, however, numerous question marks over his ‘character’, so that might deter us
Also gotta take into consideration that Rabiot is absolute shite and miles off our quality. There`s a reason why he`s been playing for Juve for so long, and no other top clubs want him. I`d genuinely take Phillips over him

Also gotta take into consideration that Rabiot is absolute shite and miles off our quality. There`s a reason why he`s been playing for Juve for so long, and no other top clubs want him. I`d genuinely take Phillips over him
He wouldn’t be playing so frequently for the French national squad if he were quite as bad as you suggest, surely. I’m not suggesting that he’s the answer to all our prayers, far from it, but Phillips doesn’t even seem to be in Guardiola’s breviary!

As I’ve said elsewhere, I only think we’ll make a move for someone in the window if we have genuine concerns about the continued availability of certain players (de Bruyne, Stones, Kovacic, and another Rodri suspension) and how that might impact our chances of competing. Rabiot would be a cheaper alternative and might help fill in.

Last edited:
Give Fulham Phillips and 10 million less than Bayern were going to pay for Palinha before the deal fell through.

He's the only person available and good enough to walk straight into the side in January to make an impact.

In the Summer, take Florian Wirtz whatever the price. Give his Mum and Dad their own private fucking Etihad planes the lot, whatever it takes, no fucking about over a few million quid.
Palhinha would be an excellent signing imo, plenty of suitors including the Rags and Liverpool.

Palhinha would be an excellent signing imo, plenty of suitors including the Rags and Liverpool.

Been mentioned on here that he has a £65m release clause as well mate and that Fulham wanted Phillips last summer to replace him.

Whilst I 100% agree that we need to sign another defensive midfielder (and a left back please) the problem is will any player that is good enough to play for us be happy to be Rodri’s understudy and spend most of his time on the bench ?

Whilst I 100% agree that we need to sign another defensive midfielder (and a left back please) the problem is will any player that is good enough to play for us be happy to be Rodri’s understudy and spend most of his time on the bench ?
It won't be just about being Rodri's understudy. The player will have to be also capable of playing in the '8' position (I hate that phrase), but can also play a double pivot alongside Rodri. You could even have Rodri playing the Stones role when Stones is out of the team.

He's not shit, he's inconsistent and apparently is a real mummys boy, I think she's his agent or manager and she is a fucking Harpy by all accounts. I have seen him have excellent games for France and PSG against quality opposition and if we're talking January panic buys we could do worse. He has ability, don't think we would go for him anyway as he was on our books for a short while as a kid and left on bad terms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.