January window

The trouble is any agent worth his salt would look at the Philips situation, do you want to go to City to warm the bench or play every week? Look at Nunes and Kovacic as well, yes it’s a squad game but unless City are way ahead Rodri starts every game.

The difference between Kalvin Phillips and Joao Paulinha is night and day.

Paulinha is 100 times the player. When you watch Fulham he owns their midfield. He's aggressive, he's authoritive, he's dynamic... He's an excellent midfield player. He is a master of the dark arts just like Fernandinho was, a brilliant tackler too.

I believe if we sign Paulinha... He's the type of player that would be forcing his way into the first team. Kalvin Phillips isn't that type of player.

As I say... The difference between the two players is astronomical.

Yep, almost every time I see him, I see a player who can stand in, but just as important, could play a role in midfield with him, would have been my preferred signing.

My biggest worry is losing Rodri through injury or playing him that much that we completely burn him out and don't get the best version of Rodri.

It's actually scary how much we rely on him. He really does need help in the midfield, he said it at the start of the season, but the club haven't seemed to listen to him.

I'd aggressively pursue Paulinha if I was City in the January transfer market.

Next summer this team needs quality over quantity. No more Kovacic and Nunes type signings, we have to simply get the best out there. Liverpool and Arsenal will continue to improve.

Wirtz is a must. Get Barco in (we need a left back desperately). If you take Haaland out of our forward line, it doesn't have many goals in it.

We really could do with another winger/forward that can produce match winning moments. I know Savio is only young, but I'd like to see another forward player brought in like him that can frighten teams to death with pace and trickery and open defences up.

We have got to seriously stop experimenting with Walker acting as a right winger. He is a defender and nothing else.

Any agent worth his salt would have faith in his player and if City wanted him he would jump at the opportunity. Phillips is an anomaly.
I’m sure Kalvin is gutted about last year’s medals in his cabinet.
Think I’d have robbed those medals tbh, but like John Terry in the CL final. Even Mahrez said he felt he hadn’t really won it as he didn’t play in the final but at least he contributed massively to getting us there, Philips not so much, Christ Liverpool has a player with a CL medal who never kicked a ball all season

Phillips has to go but gutted he’s not been given the chance to be honest

We need at least 2 players in & not just squad players we have enough of them

Phillips has to go but gutted he’s not been given the chance to be honest

We need at least 2 players in & not just squad players we have enough of them
I really couldn’t see Phillips being any worse than Kovocic today

H
The difference between Kalvin Phillips and Joao Paulinha is night and day.

Paulinha is 100 times the player. When you watch Fulham he owns their midfield. He's aggressive, he's authoritive, he's dynamic... He's an excellent midfield player. He is a master of the dark arts just like Fernandinho was, a brilliant tackler too.

I believe if we sign Paulinha... He's the type of player that would be forcing his way into the first team. Kalvin Phillips isn't that type of player.

As I say... The difference between the two players is astronomical.
He isn’t forcing himself into our team ahead of Rodri. That’s why I don’t think he’d come. He could walk in to teams like Bayern, liverpool, but not ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.