January window

Yeah you probably right, I'd love us to buy a top class right winger

Why do we need one in Jan.? We signed Doku, although it looks like he is injury-prone.

I'm inclined to think what we need is an athletic DM with decent height and physique with game intelligence.

Last edited:
I've seen plenty of fans saying that we need another creative midfielder.

What people seem to forget is... This team without Rodri has been an absolute shambles this season. Pathetic against Wolves. Pathetic against Arsenal. Embarrassing against Aston Villa.

If we get Rodri injured for a sustained period of time... You can forget the league... You can forget the Champions League... Our season is curtains.

We have De Bruyne coming back in the second half of the season to add some much needed creativity to the team. I also think Pep is shooting himself and the team in the foot by playing Alvarez in midfield. Play Alvarez up front or bench him. Move Grealish or Foden to the middle to play off Haaland and we will see a big improvement.

We are lacking control in the midfield this season, that is our biggest problem for me. The lack of control in midfield is having an effect on our defence and our attack... We are far more exposed on the counter attack and are having to do a lot more defending. Once our midfield is stable, we can sustain attacks... We can close teams out defensively.

We desperately need another player that is good enough to either play alongside Rodri or step in for him and be a good deputy for when Rodri is missing.

There is one player available in January that can hit the ground running, provide us with more control and with more stability. He also doesn't waste time in moving the ball forward quickly and progressively.

His name is Joao Paulinha.

I've seen plenty of fans saying that we need another creative midfielder.

What people seem to forget is... This team without Rodri has been an absolute shambles this season. Pathetic against Wolves. Pathetic against Arsenal. Embarrassing against Aston Villa.

If we get Rodri injured for a sustained period of time... You can forget the league... You can forget the Champions League... Our season is curtains.

We have De Bruyne coming back in the second half of the season to add some much needed creativity to the team. I also think Pep is shooting himself and the team in the foot by playing Alvarez in midfield. Play Alvarez up front or bench him. Move Grealish or Foden to the middle to play off Haaland and we will see a big improvement.

We are lacking control in the midfield this season, that is our biggest problem for me. The lack of control in midfield is having an effect on our defence and our attack... We are far more exposed on the counter attack and are having to do a lot more defending. Once our midfield is stable, we can sustain attacks... We can close teams out defensively.

We desperately need another player that is good enough to either play alongside Rodri or step in for him and be a good deputy for when Rodri is missing.

There is one player available in January that can hit the ground running, provide us with more control and with more stability. He also doesn't waste time in moving the ball forward quickly and progressively.

His name is Joao Paulinha.
The trouble is any agent worth his salt would look at the Philips situation, do you want to go to City to warm the bench or play every week? Look at Nunes and Kovacic as well, yes it’s a squad game but unless City are way ahead Rodri starts every game.

The trouble is any agent worth his salt would look at the Philips situation, do you want to go to City to warm the bench or play every week? Look at Nunes and Kovacic as well, yes it’s a squad game but unless City are way ahead Rodri starts every game.

Unless Pep goes permanent double pivot with maybe Rodri pushing on at times? Gives the team extra stability but the only downside is one creative player less but Rodri has shown he can maybe get more goals?

I was jesting with Mctominay…
Butttttt a goalscoring midfielder with some bite and something about them…… can we do straight swap plus £40m to them cunts?………..
Are you really being serious ffs ?

We have Alvarez, foden, haaland, Lewis and doku
Top top young players, only getting better
We need to add proper creative quality to that and we’re fine
Nunes and kovacic haven’t made us any better
Paquetta looks good, but we need someone who can create mass that to de bruyne and we’re cooking

Any agent worth his salt would have faith in his player and if City wanted him he would jump at the opportunity. Phillips is an anomaly.
I’m sure Kalvin is gutted about last year’s medals in his cabinet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.