January window

I think we've made it as clear as possible that we want Cancelo & Philips gone.

I didn't hold out much hope for Nunes when we went in for him, & still don't. Imo he was just an uncharacteristic panic buy to bolster squad numbers because Paqueta fell through. Unless he's moved to a more defensive midfield position, I think he could be our next short-lived departure like Philips.

Talking of Paqueta, did you see the warm greeting he gave to our bench prior to kickoff when we played WHU? It spoke volumes of a player gutted he didn't get his move, but hoping to ressurect it at the earliest opportunity.

He's a better fit for us as a Gundog replacement than Kovacic, & definitely Nunes.
Belgrade should be Phillips swansong, unless Guardiola gets sentimental over the holiday season and decides to give him a last huzzah at the Etihad.

I'm prepared to give Nunes more time as I think they might have a role for him but one that it is different from what we originally envisaged. He's certainly no sitter.

They would clearly like to get Paqueta and that might be resurrected in the summer, but he currently looks heavy-legged (carrying an injury?), and there is no indication that the investigation into the allegations will be finalised before January 31st.

Really? There seems to be little point bringing anyone in unless Guardiola can 'visualise' them playing, and there will be precious few such players available in January.

We got Laporte in January didn't we and we went hard on Mahrez in January too!

Belgrade should be Phillips swansong, unless Guardiola gets sentimental over the holiday season and decides to give him a last huzzah at the Etihad.

I'm prepared to give Nunes more time as I think they might have a role for him but one that it is different from what we originally envisaged. He's certainly no sitter.

They would clearly like to get Paqueta and that might be resurrected in the summer, but he currently looks heavy-legged (carrying an injury?), and there is no indication that the investigation into the allegations will be finalised before January 31st.
I doubt Pep will be so sentimental over Philips. We gave him a chance to leave in the summer, but he wanted to stay & fight for his place, which has failed miserably. I think it best for both parties that we help facilitate the best move for Kalvin, for the most money, so he can resurrect his career.

As for Nunes, he's not a Manchester City level No 8 or No 10, so if not any of those, & we can't convert him into a CDM, of what use is he?

Who though ? and if the right player isn't available,and in January and they probably won't be, we may as well wait.

Palhinha has seemingly been offered to us and is rumoured to have a £65m clause? Andre is available for £30m and could be a Douglas Luiz type signing that we hold onto and it works out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.