January window

That’s not good news if true and Phillips leaves! :-s
Shows confidence in the existing players to dig deep and turn things around, and it also shows confidence in the backroom staff keeping them fit enough to challenge. Could be a timely move on the part of the club to quash any rumours and to sharpen focus.

Ornstein is very reliable and I suspect, like others have said, it'll be Barco and probably Andre.
Don't really know much about either, but it's 6 months to settle in to English conditions (presumably Barco is off to Leicester).
I'd have liked an established premier league player but Phillips is seemingly behind Kovacic, Lewis and Stones as a holding midfielder, so don't think we'll splash big cash on a replacement.
Suspect it'll be a loan as well for Phillips so he could be back in the summer.

Ornstein is very reliable and I suspect, like others have said, it'll be Barco and probably Andre.
Don't really know much about either, but it's 6 months to settle in to English conditions (presumably Barco is off to Leicester).
I'd have liked an established premier league player but Phillips is seemingly behind Kovacic, Lewis and Stones as a holding midfielder, so don't think we'll splash big cash on a replacement.
Suspect it'll be a loan as well for Phillips so he could be back in the summer.

Would Andre not count as a senior player though mate? I know he’s only 22 but a Brazil international?

I wonder if City doesn't consider Andre a senior player but a prospect even though he is 22 which is why Ornstein said City is not planning to sign any senior players in Jan. It wouldn't make sense to let Phillips leave and not replace him as we've already seen this season how badly we need a Rodri backup.

What constitutes a "Senior Signing"?

Age? First team player?

Exactly? Also makes no sense to bring in a stop gap really? Confusing more if Phillips goes out just for the squad size as well? KDB might take time to get up to speed and Rodri was flogged last season and admitted himself he couldn’t do that again? Going for the historic 4 in a row and already behind at this stage would suggest the squad needs a boost?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.