Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely bring him back and assuming he impresses in pre season give him LC FAC early rounds and minimum of 8 PL starts (mostly early season). Some EDS and u19 CL if eligible also.

He wouldn't let us down.

Deepest Blue said:
I'd definitely bring him back and assuming he impresses in pre season give him LC FAC early rounds and minimum of 8 PL starts (mostly early season). Some EDS and u19 CL if eligible also.

He wouldn't let us down.
Everybody is eligible for EDS. But why play him in YL? Why don't we rather put a Glendon or a Gunn to the squad list? Anyway, Jason doesn't need that. And what he needs more is obviously UCL experience. So he must play UCL, instead of youth international competitions. No way he should play in Youth League even if eligible (which I think he's not).

SlimShadyRus said:
Deepest Blue said:

He wouldn't let us down.
Everybody is eligible for EDS. But why play him in YL? Why don't we rather put a Glendon or a Gunn to the squad list? Anyway, Jason doesn't need that. And what he needs more is obviously UCL experience. So he must play UCL, instead of youth international competitions. No way he should play in Youth League even if eligible (which I think he's not).

Give him and Lopes and full pre-season. See how they do and whether they impress. Then make the decision on whether they will get games. The league cup will throw opportunities open for them, injuries etc could play a part. See how things are going into the new year and maybe loan them out if they're not getting first team opportunities. They've both done well on loan and should be rewarded with an opportunity to play for our first team. They'd be much better going out on loan than dropping back into reserves though, will damage their confidence completely and you can guarantee that if either one of them is struggling for games, other teams will be asking regularly for them to go on loan. Lille and Celtic would snap up an opportunity to get Lopes and Denayer back for a loan spell.

Does Nelly, Neville or anyone who follows the EDS have any info on his HG status? Does he need to spend the nest two years in England to be classed HG? I think he has only spent one of the requisite three seasons in england as Scotland doesn't count?

xzbit04 said:
Does Nelly, Neville or anyone who follows the EDS have any info on his HG status? Does he need to spend the nest two years in England to be classed HG? I think he has only spent one of the requisite three seasons in england as Scotland doesn't count?
It's 3 years registered with us before his 21st birthday isn't it. Unless Dyke gets his way and backdates it of course...

ColinLee said:
xzbit04 said:
It's 3 years registered with us before his 21st birthday isn't it. Unless Dyke gets his way and backdates it of course...

For UEFA it's 3 years at the club, prior to the age of 21, then he counts as 'club trained'. Four places in the squad are reserved for 'club trained' players.

For the Premier league, he would just have to be 'association trained' as they don't have a 'club trained' rule, just 8 places for 'association trained' players.

It doesn't mean he has to have actually been playing at City, just that he is a City player, which he is, even though he's on loan at Celtic.

So at the end of this season, he will have been a City player for two years, then at the end of next season, he is qualified as 'club trained' as he's been with us for three years . That would still be the case if he went out somewhere on loan. He would still be counted as a City player.

But now he's been at City 2 years, he is also qualified at both UEFA & Premier League level as an U21 player. So we don't even need to include him in the main squad for either competition, as you are allowed to use U21 players, provided they have been at the club two years or more. He is only 19, so he gets a free pass into both competitions if we want to use him.

I presume it'll be the same for Lopes too? But not Iheanacho then seeing as he's been at the club for less than a year so he won't get the u21 free pass...meaning we'll need to put him in the squad if we wanna play him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.