Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the deal for Boyata goes through then Denayer moves into the first team squad and will get his opportunity next season. Simples...

It's funny isn't it
How two people can read the same article and come to slightly different conclusions, or how one infers something that isn't really there

You got Jason on speed dial now? How do you know what he was inferring and not inferring?

Here he says that he knows he won't get into the first team so will need to go on loan for football

Of course I know only too well that the competition at City to win a first team place is fierce and no guarantees can be given. So perhaps next season it will be best for me if I go and gain experience elsewhere again

This after winning Scottish Young Player of the Year as a defender and competing in the San Siro last year and running the game then getting capped for Belgium. Obviously needs to go out on loan to compete with luminaries such as the 34 year old Martin Demichelis, world class stand out centre back in best form of his life Eliaquim Mangala, constant thorn in the attackers side Dedryck Boyata and the always fit and collected Vincent Kompany.

If this kid didn't play for us, the Transfer Forum would want to spunk £30m on him in the summer. Have you even watched him play much?

No Damo I don't have Jason on speed dial, but I'm quite sure you are aware of that, you are certainly practicing the patronising you accused me of.

Maybe it was aimed at you and not him?

With Boyata moving to Celtic I think they would free up a squad place for Denayer. Looks very good at his age and will only get better playing with better players.

You got Jason on speed dial now? How do you know what he was inferring and not inferring?

Here he says that he knows he won't get into the first team so will need to go on loan for football

This after winning Scottish Young Player of the Year as a defender and competing in the San Siro last year and running the game then getting capped for Belgium. Obviously needs to go out on loan to compete with luminaries such as the 34 year old Martin Demichelis, world class stand out centre back in best form of his life Eliaquim Mangala, constant thorn in the attackers side Dedryck Boyata and the always fit and collected Vincent Kompany.

If this kid didn't play for us, the Transfer Forum would want to spunk £30m on him in the summer. Have you even watched him play much?
I have watched him a fair amount this season and imo he is certainly good enough and will be in the first team squad next year. With pellegrini's rotation of the defence he should get plenty game time!

With Boyata moving to Celtic I think they would free up a squad place for Denayer. Looks very good at his age and will only get better playing with better players.
I agree, he should move into the first team, and I pick start him over Demichelis when he has settled.

Yes, they are hardly any rumours about City wanting a CB. This doesn't mean that we are not interested in anyone, but apart from the early Laporte link, who would cost about 30m, it's quiet I think. So there's hope that an academy graduate will get a chance next year.

Everytime I watched him he played RCB, but Demichelis used to be quite comfortable in a LCB position when Vinny was good back in the day. :) So this shouldn't be a big problem, though I'm unsure how would he look like with his idol in the first eleven. :)

I'm not on the 'Lets give every youth team player a chance if they have a few good games' bandwagon but Jason seems like the real deal. Celtic fans were raving about him and the Belgian Coach reckons he will be better than Kompany. Surely we have to give him a decent chance at making a claim

Denayer is calmly stating the actual fact of his position at City & his career situation & that's actually a really positive piece which points to him staying at the club. It allays my main fear that he might tell us to fuck off if we don't pick him.

He isn't flatly saying he won't get in the team, he is saying it may be difficult. That's not an inference, it's what he said. If he can't get enough games in the team, he would prefer to be loaned out. Very sensible imo & I think that's where we are up to with all the returning players.

Play them pre season. If they are good enough for the first team squad we will see it, & we can go from there. If they still look like kids, then it's either loan them or EDS.

I think Denayer and Lopes will look very close to first team level. But then we have to play them quite a lot if we are to justify keeping them around. So they have to be good enough to play regularly without costing the team. If they aren't quite there, it's better to loan them back out & use the younger kids as occasional first team players instead.

I think Denayer will get in the team on merit. But if he doesn't then the fact he says himself he is willing to be loaned out, means he's staying & we don't have to worry.

I'm really pleased to read that.

I think Denayer will get in the team on merit. But if he doesn't then the fact he says himself he is willing to be loaned out, means he's staying & we don't have to worry.

I'm really pleased to read that.

Exactly my thinking.....a couple of inaccurate 'quotes' that were posted yesterday inferred different which obviously raised concern,i'm very happy they were nonsense.

So,from what he has stated,my thinking is......not only is he a very talented player.....but also a very level headed one.

I'm just hoping its an irrelevance and he does enough pre season to gain that 3rd spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.