Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should also be said is that up to now, City have done exactly what's right for Denayer. The loan was a testing one but he had looked a promising player at youth level and managed to rise to the challenge at Celtic. There's absolutely no way that staying at City last summer, either to dominate at youth level or stagnate at first team level would have been better for him.

I do believe that we should be giving him a chance this season though. He's shown enough at Celtic to merit a spot, especially with Boyata likely to leave. Him signing a contract is a very important piece of business that needs to be addressed this summer.

the thing is after playing game after game would he want to sit on our bench and play very few games?

the thing is after playing game after game would he want to sit on our bench and play very few games?

The thing is...Will Martin be getting as many games next season? Love the guy but he's not getting any younger...Maybe Jason could rotate with Eli to partner Kompany...obviously there are a lot of factors to consider...but i'm sure they would all get significant playing time should Pellers give him the nod

The thing is...Will Martin be getting as many games next season? Love the guy but he's not getting any younger...Maybe Jason could rotate with Eli to partner Kompany...obviously there are a lot of factors to consider...but i'm sure they would all get significant playing time should Pellers give him the nod

Well Demichellis is Pelegrini buy he's managed him at a few clubs so can't see him telling Demichellis you ain't going to be playing much next season. but I'm with you he should take the majority of his playing time next season..

Denayer is calmly stating the actual fact of his position at City & his career situation & that's actually a really positive piece which points to him staying at the club. It allays my main fear that he might tell us to fuck off if we don't pick him.

He isn't flatly saying he won't get in the team, he is saying it may be difficult. That's not an inference, it's what he said. If he can't get enough games in the team, he would prefer to be loaned out. Very sensible imo & I think that's where we are up to with all the returning players.

Play them pre season. If they are good enough for the first team squad we will see it, & we can go from there. If they still look like kids, then it's either loan them or EDS.

I think Denayer and Lopes will look very close to first team level. But then we have to play them quite a lot if we are to justify keeping them around. So they have to be good enough to play regularly without costing the team. If they aren't quite there, it's better to loan them back out & use the younger kids as occasional first team players instead.

I think Denayer will get in the team on merit. But if he doesn't then the fact he says himself he is willing to be loaned out, means he's staying & we don't have to worry.

I'm really pleased to read that.
I think you've forgotten what a pre-season is. Guidetti was worse than a pub player last summer and a month and a half after he was a beast for Celtic. Not to smention the senior players. It's pre-season, it is meant that players are not usualy on form during it and should gain it. Anyway, even if they impress, pellegrini (and any other people) may say that it's just a couple of friendlies (and they'll be right). It's not very smart to judge by the pre-season games. And even if it would, our young players, unfortunetly, wouldn't get more than a couple of cup games for City just because they were good on pre-season.

It might've been logical from the coach to decide whether he'll get the youngsters a chance from pre-season matches, considering the policy of no youngsters in the competitive games, but it just won't happen.

^^ I don't think the coaches would expect any pre-season player to be at their best, but they can use the few weeks first team training they do after the summer break to assess how they fit in amongst the rest of the squad. Not just the games. They should be able to tell proportionately speaking if they've improved from the last time they trained with them as kids in pre-season.

Oh and if anyone fancies a read -

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/denayer-guidetti-celtic-loan-reviews.html

Wrote this loan review here based around Denayer and Guidetti's time at Celtic.

^^ I don't think the coaches would expect any pre-season player to be at their best, but they can use the few weeks first team training they do after the summer break to assess how they fit in amongst the rest of the squad. Not just the games. They should be able to tell proportionately speaking if they've improved from the last time they trained with them as kids in pre-season.

http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/denayer-guidetti-celtic-loan-reviews.html

excellent work mate!

Excellent article and I agree with every word of your conclusion. Hope Jason he gets his opportunity in the first team squad this season.

I really enjoyed reading that thanks for posting.

I think that Denayer , Lopes and Ihenacho will be the litmus test for our commitment to youth next season. Denayer especially has proved that he can make it as a professional footballer and has won awards to back this up. I would be asstonished and angry if he doesn't take Boyata's spot in the sqaud. With Demechelis getting another year older, he can slowly be introduced during the season with the aim of replacing him when his contract is up.

I remember an interview with Kompany a couple of years ago where he namechecked Denayer as one to watch, he would be the ideal role model to work alongside and eventually take his spot in the side

Thanks, a very good article! Could you make some more of that about the other loaned-out players? Like Evans. Rekik, Leigh, Fofana, Cole or Bytyqi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.