Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has looked excellent. An intelligent defender with excellent positional play allied to an abundance of pace. He took the ball out of defence once, a quick burst of pace took out the French defensive midfielder and then he played a defence spitting pass through to the forward. He has looked very composed indeed, a leader in fact.

Halftime now. As mentioned Denayer looking very good, he hasn't made any noteworthy mistakes, he's solid in defense, good positioning, and he's actually also created 2 chances. The first one was a flat through ball from the midfield line, the 2nd one he dribbled through the french midfield and passed it out wide to Mertens. He might be our biggest talent ever to have come through our academy, I also watched his debut for the national team, he was just as solid that game, after being subbed on because of a red card for Kompany. A loan would be a mistake in my opinion, I truly believe he's good enough to be in our team.

Good that he's doing so well at international level, his eligibility for the CL B-list will help make up for the lack of over-21 club-trained players in the A -list in the coming season.

Might even be wasted at centre-back potentially. He's too good a footballer.

France has made some changes, now Denayer and the rest of the Belgian defense will face Giroud and Lacazette.

Not in our system, defenders who can carry the ball upfield are vitally important.

Oh I know. But he just might be more influential eventually as a complete midfield. He's great going forward. Dead cert for the first team squad either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.