Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send him on loan again and let Fernando be 4th choice CB.

giphy.gif

Olympic Lyon are interested in signing Denayer.

They were impressed with him in the game in which he played for Belgium against France. One presumes we would not be daft enough to sell him at this stage of his development and this could be a loan but hopefully we will give him games this forthcoming season and we will see Denayer in City blue again. I wouldn't be totally against the idea of him going to Lyon on loan if I thought he would get less than 5 games in the 1st team here at City. That would leave City requiring the services of another CB for this season though.

As soon as the players return from their break I expect city to offer Denayer at least an extended 3 years. To send him on loan with 1 year left on his contract could be disastrous for City! Also could be disastrous if we put him in the first team squad and only give him a handful of games with only 1 year left on contract. Agreeing a new contract with Denayer should be a priority.

Manchester City are ready to triple the wages of young Belgium defender Jason Denayer in a bid to secure his long-term future at the Etihad Stadium, Goal has learned.

Denayer, 19, already has three international caps and impressed while on loan at Celtic during the 2014-15 campaign.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini, who sold back-up defender Dedryck Boyata to the Scottish side earlier in June, is keen to include Brussels-born Denayer in his senior squad next season.

The centre-back's current deal, which he signed following a successful trial in the summer of 2013, runs out in two years' time.

He currently earns around £7,000 per week but is expected to make upwards of £20,000 if he commits himself to the Premier League club.

Last week, the defender's agent revealed: "Manchester City have expressed a wish to extend Jason's contract. The end of his current deal is June 30, 2016.

“The Manchester City management said they see Jason as a potential first team player for next season. We are in the midst of negotiations for an extension.”

Denayer was first called up to Marc Wilmots' Belgium squad last October and, after being named as an unused substitute in four Euro 2016 qualifiers, finally made his debut against Israel in March.

He made his first start against France earlier this month and followed that up with 90 minutes against Wales, although both matches ended in defeat
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion,if the above is true.....he deserves a higher salary than what is being offered.....Although I imagine it would trigger renegotiation after a certain amount of first team appearances.
We need to secure this lads future,i believe its as important as any incoming transfer.

We mostly look after players with top potential so would expect the contract now being discussed to be ripped up in a couple of years time if he progresses like we would hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.