Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made his first start against France earlier this month and followed that up with 90 minutes against Wales, although both matches ended in defeat

Good to see Goal up to speed as usual, Belgium beat France 4-3, in fact it was 4-1 up untill Denayer went off in the 88th min!

Good to see Goal up to speed as usual, Belgium beat France 4-3, in fact it was 4-1 up untill Denayer went off in the 88th min!
Yep, and they also state that his contract runs out in two years time, but later on they quote the agent stating that it runs out June 30 2016. Which is sadly only 1 year from now.

It's funny isn't it...He's jumping from £7,000 per week to £20,000 per week...sounds low for a footballer doesn't it...Imagine pulling in £7,000 per week!!

That's £364,000 a year!

Boggles my head

£1,040,000 once he renews :)

Athletes high salaries used to be justified partly due to a shorter career, Denayers current salary would equate to a workers salary of around £120k a year. That's for a teenager, shows you how much things have changed.

It's funny isn't it...He's jumping from £7,000 per week to £20,000 per week...sounds low for a footballer doesn't it...Imagine pulling in £7,000 per week!!

That's £364,000 a year!

Boggles my head

£1,040,000 once he renews :)

Athletes high salaries used to be justified partly due to a shorter career, Denayers current salary would equate to a workers salary of around £120k a year. That's for a teenager, shows you how much things have changed.
Possibly I'm missing the obvious here but how do you get £7,000 a week to £120k a year?

Possibly I'm missing the obvious here but how do you get £7,000 a week to £120k a year?
Average person's working career between 40-45 years, I took the 45 mark to include time spent in 3rd level, average pro footballing career around 15 years. It's just an estimate, nothing scientific.

Average person's working career between 40-45 years, I took the 45 mark to include time spent in 3rd level, average pro footballing career around 15 years. It's just an estimate, nothing scientific.
Ahh, you're comparing 15 years footballers income against 45 years of a workers. Lol, that's definitely not scientific. Although it may apply to someone like Gascoigne I suppose who doesn't seem to have worked since he quit playing so perhaps you have a point.

Ahh, you're comparing 15 years footballers income against 45 years of a workers
I'm not saying it is comparable, I was referring to the old reasoning used when athletes salaries really started to inflate that they had a shorter career and showing how wide of the mark that reasoning would be now. Silly money. Still it's not Denayers fault, I just hope he has someone good investing that money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.