Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news this, one of the biggest priorities for the summer IMO. Get him signed up and in the team next year. I’m hoping we see him playing a bit of midfield as well as CB on tour as that’s his way in for me. We are desperate for a high energy midfielder who is home grown and can tackle like DeJong but also put his foot on the ball and pass it forward with a bit of confidence, I think he could step up to that quite quickly.

According to @svenclaes on twitter (Belgian football journalist) , Denayer has already rejected 7 contract offers from City - Claes says he will only sign a new contract if he is given a starting spot every week. Claes said in April that he expects Denayer to leave City this summer on a permanent deal.

He also recently quoted that Goal article saying we would triple his wages, saying 'more bullshit'.

Very worrying

According to @svenclaes on twitter (Belgian football journalist) , Denayer has already rejected 7 contract offers from City - Claes says he will only sign a new contract if he is given a starting spot every week. Claes said in April that he expects Denayer to leave City this summer on a permanent deal.

He also recently quoted that Goal article saying we would triple his wages, saying 'more bullshit'.

Very worrying

Sorry but that is complete and uttttttteeeeeerr bolox

Very worrying
Load of bollocks.Denayer has since been promoted to the 1st team squad and this clown called a move away from the Club in April.Do me a favour.

Don't shoot the messenger! I hope as much as anyone that its complete bullshit. Hopefully he puts our minds at ease and signs a new contract soon.

Very worrying

Don't shoot the messenger! I hope as much as anyone that its complete bullshit. Hopefully he puts our minds at ease and signs a new contract soon.
I can't see any such tweet https://twitter.com/svenclaes what I can see is:

We will not allow Denayer to leave. The club have decided Rekik to be the one to move on this summer and will have been very impressed with Denayer's step up at International level. He'll be a feature of our first team next season. With Demi a year older I fully expect him to be used less frequently. Mangala has had a year to settle and Kompany is clearly working hard on his form and fitness ahead of the new season.

I've said it a few times, at 19 Denayer is still very young and where he ends up establishing himself is yet to be determined. If I was City, I'd be testing him in the holding midfield role and at other positions across the back. He needs as much game time as possible to get up to speed with the level required and from what I've seen of him, I think he'd make a much better defensive midfielder than we have at the club. If he can combine appearances there with centre back starts when injuries occur or in other competitions then he'll get enough game time to justify staying at the club. Pellegrini likes to rotate the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.