Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was subbed off after halftime and I just checked their twitter page, where Delia's quoted as:

“He’s ok, he just had cramp in his calf."

Hopefully that 'ok' means he will play in the 2nd leg against Inter. Should be a great experience to play a tough Europa game at the San Siro.

Hungarian blue said:
Neville Kneville said:
I think Denayer tonight, coped as well as a City cb would have done

Interestingly, I thought the same totally. It's not like he doesn't have his flaws, but probably will always have, like every other human being, but if I imagine how would Kompany etc. play in the very same fixture, it's stupid to think they would have played any better.

That would imply Denayer has every chance to make the City squad for the next year.

Couldn't agree more. Denayer's Wikipedia page says his contract expires in June 2016. Shouldn't City start considering extending his contract further - if he confirms in the way game against Inter, or gets playing time in the Belgian national team, then surely half of Europe will pretty soon be all over him.

Scamandrios said:
Hungarian blue said:
Neville Kneville said:
I think Denayer tonight, coped as well as a City cb would have done

Interestingly, I thought the same totally. It's not like he doesn't have his flaws, but probably will always have, like every other human being, but if I imagine how would Kompany etc. play in the very same fixture, it's stupid to think they would have played any better.

That would imply Denayer has every chance to make the City squad for the next year.

Couldn't agree more. Denayer's Wikipedia page says his contract expires in June 2016. Shouldn't City start considering extending his contract further - if he confirms in the way game against Inter, or gets playing time in the Belgian national team, then surely half of Europe will pretty soon be all over him.

My thoughts exactly, and it's the same with Lopes.

I fear we may potentially have a Pogba situation with teams offering decent pay packets through wages and signing on fee's but also with guaranteed game time and a first team place if they hold out on their current City deals.

It would be appealing to a young player who really wants to get his career of the mark knowing full well if he signs for City again the chances are they will be loaned out to a few different clubs for the next few years hoping they can impress to get a move into the City first team squad.

Personally I would be having both of them in the squad next season but I am not convinced City will think like that.

Put in a great block to keep it 0-0, once again Celtic let down in Europe by Van Dijk, who was pretty much all over the place and got sent off for two yellows. (first was a bit harsh, but the second was daft). Really up against it now, but so far Denayer's been decent

The block was superb and barely got a mention......strange.He has done ok so far but will be up against it 2nd half given his partner was dismissed for what I saw as two very soft yellows,the cheating Italian twats contributing heavily.

BigOscar said:
Put in a great block to keep it 0-0, once again Celtic let down in Europe by Van Dijk, who was pretty much all over the place and got sent off for two yellows. (first was a bit harsh, but the second was daft). Really up against it now, but so far Denayer's been decent
He has got both yellow cards in on eminute, didn't he? touching Icardi down in Intr counter-attack and then the second yellow immidiatly for arguing with the ref

SlimShadyRus said:
BigOscar said:
He has got both yellow cards in on eminute, didn't he? touching Icardi down in Intr counter-attack and then the second yellow immidiatly for arguing with the ref
No, he got booked earlier for a 50/50 clattering, where he got the ball and a lot of the man at the same time, then got the second yellow for brining Icardi down after messing up to get wrongside.

BigOscar said:
SlimShadyRus said:
BigOscar said:
No, he got booked earlier for a 50/50 clattering, where he got the ball and a lot of the man at the same time, then got the second yellow for brining Icardi down after messing up to get wrongside.
Thanks, I've missed it. The score is 1-0 now btw

oakiecokie said:
BBC Sports desk said that he had an excellent game tonight.Maybe a waste of £30-40M,depending on who you believe,for the services of Mangola ?
Guess time will tell.

He did well again for sure,although strangely,considering they were down to ten men,he wasn't that involved second half.
His main strengths are his composure,his athleticism and his positional awareness,he's also a very good footballer who isn't frightened to bring the ball out of defence and find a team mate.He still appears slightly vulnerable in an aerial battle but I don't see it as a huge problem due to his competitiveness.

An intelligent player with a seemingly great attitude and approach - he and Mangala could very well be our future partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.