Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CityStu said:
silvasleftleg said:
Our season will not be affected if we sell him.

In midfield, Garcia is no better than Demichelis, Kompany or Milner.

Garcia's definitely better at holding than Milner and I'd sooner see the other two at CB than out of position in DM.

I think the earlier article is spot on. He offers another dimension which is a must when you're facing the best in Europe.

EDIT: Also adds a lot of threat at set pieces which would be very useful in games when we might not find getting goals so easy.

That dimension the writer is talking about, can be provided by Milner, Demichelis, Kompany and even Huws.

The idea that Garcia is crucial to our season is ridiculous. He is an average player and nothing more.

silvasleftleg said:
CityStu said:
silvasleftleg said:
Our season will not be affected if we sell him.

In midfield, Garcia is no better than Demichelis, Kompany or Milner.

Garcia's definitely better at holding than Milner and I'd sooner see the other two at CB than out of position in DM.

I think the earlier article is spot on. He offers another dimension which is a must when you're facing the best in Europe.

EDIT: Also adds a lot of threat at set pieces which would be very useful in games when we might not find getting goals so easy.

That dimension the writer is talking about, can be provided by Milner, Demichelis, Kompany and even Huws.

The idea that Garcia is crucial to our season is ridiculous. He is an average player and nothing more.
No Milner can't. You're jumping the gun with Huws. You're insane if you want to move Kompany to midfield. Demichelis is necessary right now where he is as Nastasic has been rather inconsistent of late and Lescott is Lescott.

Impeccable One said:
What many may have forgot, and may be Pelle doesn't know, is that Zab (The best RB in PL) was fantastic some seasons ago when standing in for De Jong.
Who do we play at right fullback?

As I've stated, I think we should upgrade the position. Until then, I don't really see a better option in the squad that doesn't leave us at a worse deficit.

Impeccable One said:
What many may have forgot, and may be Pelle doesn't know, is that Zab (The best RB in PL) was fantastic some seasons ago when standing in for De Jong.

Zab, Milner, Martin, Kompany, they can all play there.

Garcia marks - SPACE - and he is good at it. Will be invaluable in Europe. Had a top game against Bayern a few weeks ago.

Bluep*ss said:
Garcia marks - SPACE - and he is good at it. Will be invaluable in Europe. Had a top game against Bayern a few weeks ago.

Anyone can mark space. It's not difficult. Even Joe Hart can do it.

silvasleftleg said:
Bluep*ss said:

Didn't work against Chelsea or Villa ;)

Can you name any horrendous mistakes Garcia has made that have cost us in his time here?

NQCitizen said:
silvasleftleg said:
Bluep*ss said:

Can you name any horrendous mistakes Garcia has made that have cost us in his time here?
Copied from earlier:

If you sacrifice one of the wider midfielders within the 4-2-2-2 and put Javi Garcia just behind the midfield two of Toure and Fernandinho then you have a much more solid base to build from and should one of the midfielders charge further up the field City will not be left with a gaping hole as Garcia will be there to fill it and put a stop to a counter attack.
Garcia is not going to be a regular starter for Pellegrini’s Manchester City, and I think the player accepts that. There is very little talk of despondency from Garcia himself as there would be from other players in this situation. He seems very much a player who is focused on the team’s success and if utilized correctly in the important matches where City may not be favorites, he could be pivotal to City getting their hands on the trophy their hierarchy covets the most.

Bluep*ss said:
NQCitizen said:
silvasleftleg said:

Copied from earlier:

If you sacrifice one of the wider midfielders within the 4-2-2-2 and put Javi Garcia just behind the midfield two of Toure and Fernandinho then you have a much more solid base to build from and should one of the midfielders charge further up the field City will not be left with a gaping hole as Garcia will be there to fill it and put a stop to a counter attack.
Garcia is not going to be a regular starter for Pellegrini’s Manchester City, and I think the player accepts that. There is very little talk of despondency from Garcia himself as there would be from other players in this situation. He seems very much a player who is focused on the team’s success and if utilized correctly in the important matches where City may not be favorites, he could be pivotal to City getting their hands on the trophy their hierarchy covets the most.

Nice one, wholeheartedly agree.

Like the bloke, rate his qualities and love his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.