Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemc1 said:
i think the thing is from all my time watching and playing football people judge a player on what he does when he gets the ball, from talent scouts to kids football team managers. so the fact he never seems to do anything with the ball, beat a man, killer pass, score a goal has a lot of people thinking "fuck me i could do his job" its an exaggeration but we know what they mean.
people (me included) want someone to be able to add something to the team going forward and defending (in MF) not just knowing how to fill space, i would say this is why he is very rarely in our strongest starting 11

And doesn't deserve to be either. He is a serviceable Premier League player and has played better in his last couple of outings, but he's at best a reserve in a team aspiring to be the best in Europe. Wouldn't get a look in in any of the other top sides in the CL. Milner >> Garcia, even though MP doesnt seem to think so.

According to Tolmie, Javi will be off in the summer as we look to bring in someone like Fernando.

I dont necessarily agree with this but I can understand when we consider our aspirations.

jollylescott said:
According to Tolmie, Javi will be off in the summer as we look to bring in someone like Fernando.

I dont necessarily agree with this but I can understand when we consider our aspirations.

The good news is that we will recoup more of our fee than we would have last year.

zandvoort blue said:
normal service has been resumed

That's nonsense, bar one misplaced pass late in the second half, he played well again today. I think people watch a different game to me sometimes!
I can think of others who played much worse!

Garcia did OK

If you want to have a go at City, there are plenty of better and bigger targets.

Ed2607 said:
zandvoort blue said:

That's nonsense, bar one misplaced pass late in the second half, he played well again today. I think people watch a different game to me sometimes!
Yeah, he was good today, as was Nasri, Lescott and Milner.

Clichy, Dzeko, Negredo, Demichellis, Richards were all shit. And I mean shit. Clichy and Dzeko stand out for lacking passion as well as being shit.

Ed2607 said:
zandvoort blue said:

Playing Garcia in a 2 man midfield is suicidal. He only looks good in a midfield 3. Today our pedestrian play in the first half was because he doesn`t shift the ball forward quick enough, he always stops the break by shifting it sideways and backwards. As for getting caught on the wrong side of the opponent please don`t take me there. His continual attempts to climb on opponents backs as they get away from him are comical. A player from the bench at best, and only when we`re winning.

@BluePhil8 said:
Ed2607 said:
zandvoort blue said:

Yeah, he was good today, as was Nasri, Lescott and Milner.

Clichy, Dzeko, Negredo, Demichellis, Richards were all shit. And I mean shit. Clichy and Dzeko stand out for lacking passion as well as being shit.
Very unfair on Dzeko. I got the impression he was trying today, he just didnt have the talent to match.

If Fernandinho had been on the bench, I would've loved to have seen that 2 man midfield of him and Garcia when Yaya was subbed. We played much better in the 2nd half with Silva and Milner on and Yaya off. For the most part, Javi was just OK today. He was not the worst on the pitch by any means.

More than 1 slated him on the match thread for bringing his baby on the pitch before the game. I don't know why I thought of venturing in that dredge again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.