Javi Garcia (continued)

Absolutely outstanding again today.

Javi has become an important member of the squad and he rarely makes a mistake. I wrote in another thread that it was a masterstroke by MP to play him with YaYa today, then bring Ferna on for the last half hour.

And if the need ever arises, I would be happy to see him in the same side as both our Brazilian and Ivorian dynamos.

Finally seeing him doing what he promised when he came in. Played the odd decent game last year i thought (Newcastle away springs to mind), but since the turn of the year has been putting in decent reliable performances.
Adds a bit of bite to the team and his positioning has been great for the second balls. Not a bad player to have in the squad now.

Tim Howard was the co-commentator today on my broadcast and he was effusive in his praise of Garcia to put it mildly. I have a feeling if we do want to loan him to Everton as was suggested a few months ago, they would be happy to take him.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:02 pm --<br /><br />
Tbilisi said:
I thought this guy was utter utter shit.........I was wrong,superb today.
Better than being wrong in the opposite direction. ;)

It seems his confidence is finally that of a first class premiership player. I think it's making a world of difference for him to believe he belongs.

grim up north said:
KippaxCitizen said:
grim up north said:
Slow at what
Running.

Good job he not a 100m sprinter then
He does play a sport that involves a lot of short sprints and he will always be slightly handicapped due to his total lack of pace. It was the reason we got rid of Barry, every CL game Barry played he was just ran around by the rapid midfield a we played against every game. It's why we signed Fernandinho.

But García is having a great run of form at the moment. Really pleased for him after he struggled for over 18 months bar the odd game.

KippaxCitizen said:
grim up north said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Good job he not a 100m sprinter then
He does play a sport that involves a lot of short sprints and he will always be slightly handicapped due to his total lack of pace. It was the reason we got rid of Barry, every CL game Barry played he was just ran around by the rapid midfield a we played against every game. It's why we signed Fernandinho.

But García is having a great run of form at the moment. Really pleased for him after he struggled for over 18 months bar the odd game.
In fairness, I think it was less Barry's pace and how poorly he handled being pressed on the ball which is something Garcia tends to handle well probably due to his Spanish roots. That's not saying Barry is a bad player. I love him, but he does have issues when being pressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.