Javi Garcia (continued)

Javi has been much improved these last few weeks. Was the right call to select him for Palace too. Ferna has been out of sorts and a bit lost with Yaya. Garcia broke up play well yesterday and he's a player who needs a run of games. Do I think he can cut it at City in the long term? No. He's not showed much sign of improvement, just consistently giving his best, which we'd had a flash of before. The reality is we need players to come in and do a job from the cold, and that won't be Javi I'm afraid.

Corazondezaba said:
Javi has been much improved these last few weeks. Was the right call to select him for Palace too. Ferna has been out of sorts and a bit lost with Yaya. Garcia broke up play well yesterday and he's a player who needs a run of games. Do I think he can cut it at City in the long term? No. He's not showed much sign of improvement, just consistently giving his best, which we'd had a flash of before. The reality is we need players to come in and do a job from the cold, and that won't be Javi I'm afraid.

How do you know he won't improve further?? He's not showed much signs of improvement?? Are you sure mate? He has improved in leaps and bounds IMO, he has got used to the pace of the game, great in the air and his passing has improved? Watching him at Palace yesterday he was near flawless? Calm, aggressive when needed, passing great again, not losing out in the air against quite a physical Palace midfield. His best game was the Chelsea game in the FA Cup. He is a confidence player and it's not a coincidence Pellegrini has got a lot more out of him than Mancini. He is the most improved player IMO, I don't think we need to buy Fernando because at the end of the day he may need time to settle and he will defo need to get used to the pace of the prem unless he hits the ground running like Ferni which took him maybe 10 games. I just think its an expensive risk buying Fernando when Javi is showing signs of being a solid player.. Hope the nerves are ok for Saturday mate?? Mine are frazzling already!!!!

Corazondezaba said:
Not showed much sign of improvement, seriously? Last season he couldn't pass to a team mate, he'd drag players down in silly places and would be out of position a lot. Granted, it didn't take much to improve on that but to say he's not improved is wrong imo. He's started to cover players well, falling nicely into centre back when MDM or Vinny go on a run and he even covers full backs. He definitely has a place in our squad, never complains about a lack of game but puts his head down and just works - we need that.

I'm sick to death of people banging on about pace like it's a must for every footballer on the planet. Alonso, Barry etc... Play the same role, non of which are fast. If you read the game so well, you don't need pace. Pirlo being the best example. Pace helps of course but Imo it's only needed if your shit and it's your get out of jail card.

Walker etc...

Garcia probably makes Pirlo look like Usain Bolt :)

But this is not the time to slate the player. He was magnificent this weekend and deserves all the kudos he's receiving. He was dominant in the air and was not in any way a passenger. It was a bold and correct choice by the manager to play him over Fernandinho and credit Garcia for putting in a performance of such class in that situation.

Javi is similar to a tank he's strong but lacks the ability to maneuver. However it's a good weapon to have.
Fern on the other hand is like a fighter jet, he's quick with great agility he's great at both attacking and defending and he engages his targets at high speeds.

mcfc2607 said:
I'm sick to death of people banging on about pace like it's a must for every footballer on the planet. Alonso, Barry etc... Play the same role, non of which are fast. If you read the game so well, you don't need pace. Pirlo being the best example. Pace helps of course but Imo it's only needed if your shit and it's your get out of jail card.

Walker etc...
Bang on....and pace negates pace, you need other strings to your bow, intelligence, game understanding and doing the basics well are a good start

Watch how many defensive headers Garcia wins from the oppos goal kicks etc in front of MD and VK for example, something Yaya and Fenandinho don't do

His reading of the game is much better because of his lack of pace.

I like him, he's come on very well and has been consistent and just what we need in some matches. Keep up the excellent work Javi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.