Javi Garcia (continued)

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
He's been fantastic all season because Pellegrini uses him as part of a defensive midfield 2 and not a central midfield pairing. He does one job of protecting the back four and he's doing it perfectly at the moment.

I said this before the game:
Javi Garcia: With Yaya coming back from injury and Palace channeling most of their attacks through the pace of Puncheon and Bolasie, Javi Garcia has to start. He's been fantastic for a good few weeks now and a start in a tricky away game will give him confidence, and it will give us some much needed defensive stability. We were great against Liverpool after he came on and but for Kompany's mistake we'd have taken a good point from there. It's crucial that he starts as the secondary anchor on Sunday.

Full marks to you..credit where it is due.

I remember when Barry first signed for us and every one thought he was shit, slow and a sideways passer.

It took a while for us to appreciate Barry and I think the same is happening with Garcia.

When he's not in the team the opposition always get in between our midfield and defence.

He's been an absolute rock this season and whenever he comes on I feel so confident that we will see out a game.

@BluePhil8 said:
I remember when Barry first signed for us and every one thought he was shit, slow and a sideways passer.

It took a while for us to appreciate Barry and I think the same is happening with Garcia.

When he's not in the team the opposition always get in between our midfield and defence.

He's been an absolute rock this season and whenever he comes on I feel so confident that we will see out a game.

To be fair he was well off the pace last year. He has turned his City career around though. Top marks to him. He's been very solid in CM. Can't remember the last poor game he's had at CM.

lasereyes said:
Rascal said:
teddykgb said:
I think this is a very accurate summary. He's not a bad player, he's got some tremendously useful attributes. Sometimes our style of play really exposes his weaknesses, more than many other players.

We are not going to change our style of play to suit Javi, its more Javi gives us options to change how we play. A subtle difference

He gives us nothing in offence so effectively is a fifth defender. Useful player to come on when we need to shore up a game, but make no mistake, we are a much less potent team when he is on the field. This notion that we were better when he replaced Yaya an Anfield is a joke. We settled and started controlling the game (particularly Silva) in spite of that change. If Yaya had stayed on the field, I have no doubt we would have won or at worst drawn that game, even with Clattenburg and Kompany's fuck-up.

Agreed. We would have 10 or 11-2 if Yaya had stayed on the pitch.

sir baconface said:
I'd go for stability and keep Garcia over some incomer who may be of inferior temperament and may need time to settle.

We don't need a team packed with galacticos. There's a place for one or two who get on quietly with their work.

Exactly under Keegan we had Bernabia, Berkovic, Huckerby<Wanchope and Swp as the ,magicians but Horlock held midfield together, not same quality but same principle.

You hardly noticed him in the game, but also Kompany and Demichelis were never exposed, so that tells us that he did a top job today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.