Javi Garcia

First half he was shocking....i give him benefit of doubt as he was playing next to yaya. sometimes I feel like Im the only one who realize yaya is very lazy and not very good at defending

We are wide open in games at the moment in midfield. That is not purely down to kg but he is nowhere near the quality of ndj defensively in,any aspect......however en now needs to get the balance right on midfield again and I'm sure in time he will.....but it could cost I'd this season.

simon23 said:
We are wide open in games at the moment in midfield. That is not purely down to kg but he is nowhere near the quality of ndj defensively in,any aspect......however en now needs to get the balance right on midfield again and I'm sure in time he will.....but it could cost I'd this season.

Sssshh don't tell anyone but that might have something to do a fella called Gareth Barry who was a regular last season for us.

For me Garcia simply isnt quick enough to play that kind of role in the Premier League on his own, as was plain to see at the weekend. We were cut open far too easily in the centre.

Barry for me is far better at playing that role than Garcia or Rodwell, so the sooner he is back the better, as we're lacking stability.

It also begs the question why we let Nige go? Granted it's early days, but he was far more equiped at that role than Garcia.

Shaelumstash said:
OB1 said:
Shaelumstash said:
As I said, statistics only tell you half the story. We were so much more fluid with Barry, Yaya, Nasri and Silva in the team and De Jong on the bench. He slowed us down so much and was way too cautious for the way we played.

If you only judge players on statistics you might as well employ Damien Comoli as director of football and pay 35m for Carrol, 20 for Henderson, 20 for Downing and 10 for Charlie Adam.

You are absolutely right that statistics are only part of the story but they are usually more objective and comprhensive than what supporters' eyes see. In this case you asked a question and I answered it but the answer is meaningless as it has no context: you should at least have asked what percentage of his passes were forward. Also, I wasn't offering a judgment on the players but merely pointing to facts that raise valid questions about the opinion as offered. For what it's worth, I prize possession of the ball highly so the fact that De Jong was amongst the best in the league at passing to a team mate ranks him as a very good distributor of the ball but not a creative one, IMO.

I completely disagree that statistics are a more comprehensive way of judging a player than watching the games he plays in and judging him.

On the contrary, I actually think De Jong's seemingly impressive ball retention statistics highlight the major drawback to his game - he was too cautious with the ball.

If I valued the statistical analysis I would have asked about the percentages, but football is subjective so no statistics can ever tell you about making the right pass.

I like De Jong, and I rate him. In a 3 man midfield he is fantastic, like the season we won the FA Cup. However last season when we played a higher tempo, more attacking game, he just didn't fit in with our style of play.

We tore teams apart moving the ball quickly making sharp incisive passes, De Jong slowed us down as a team, playing square and backwards, and percentage 'easy' passes. I don't know if there are statistics that demonstrate this, but it was glaringly obvious watching us last season.

I had no axe to grind against De Jong, in fact he was one of my favourite players, he just didn't fit in to our style of play.

If you think that the eye can see and accurately everything in a game that the stats record, you are sadly deluded; just as anyone who thinks that you can just rely on stats to assess a game or a player. Stats would actually be better named as performance indicators but I'm frankly not interested in debating their worth but there's good a reason why City are investing so much into analytics.

And for the record, I don't need you or stats to tell me about De Jong's deficiencies.

Why not give the lad a chance.

He's played 3 fucking games.
If we were to write off players after 3 games loads would be classed as shite.

Some people were moaning about
Zaba
De Jong
Yaya
Silva
Barry
Lescott
Kompany
Just to name a few.
It's ridiculous to write a lad off after 3 games. Arguably the 3 hardest games we will face this season.

Give him a break.

i'm putting it down to needing time to adapt to the english game and his class will eventually come through.

As for Yaya, jesus christ, any elite athlete would be goosed for a few minutes after making one of his near hurculean runs forward...

Mike D said:
simon23 said:

Sssshh don't tell anyone but that might have something to do a fella called Gareth Barry who was a regular last season for us.

I agree with u but would u pair Garcia with Barry...I really rate Barry as he is a very cleaver player, but both him and Garcia are extremely immobile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.