Javi Garcia

SuperYaya said:
At least he made an essential foul today when he rugby tackled that Arsenal player.

Someone should have done the same v RM when we were under the kosh at 2-2 or feigned an injury to stop the momentum they had at that point. Might have escaped with a point.

Nooks said:
Pleased with the signing. Can't understand the critisism after so few games. Then again, we've had the early doubters before - Ya Ya, Silva, Barry, etc. Nobody is safe here
well said stoke away real away arsenal its been a baptisim of fire it may take the guy a whole season to settle in calm and support please<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm --<br /><br />
Nooks said:
Pleased with the signing. Can't understand the critisism after so few games. Then again, we've had the early doubters before - Ya Ya, Silva, Barry, etc. Nobody is safe here
well said stoke away real away arsenal its been a baptisim of fire it may take the guy a whole season to settle in calm and support please

At the moment the problem is finding the right partner for Garcia....playing Yaya next to him isnt the right answer...when we put rodwell there we looked more solid

On his displays so far he is nowhere near as good as De jong defensively. He is slower at moving across the pitch (side to side) which means he isnt as effective at protecting the back 4...this is the reason we look (and are more open) in midfield. His ball distribution is better than Nige's BUT his tackling isnt.

He is better going forward but he is not a replacement for De jong defensively and wont ever be...but maybe Rodwell could be (though he has more in his locker than just a defensive midfielder)

To play Garcia you have to play either Rodwell or Bartry next to him and push yaya further forward in my opinion as Yaya's only weak part of his game is defensive duties....he doessnt often have the energy to track back as soon as we need it, his tackinlg is weak for such a big guy and in my opinion we dont get the best out of him there anyway

Garcia on his own casnnt do the job NDJ use to do as he isnt mobile enough.

This leaves manicini problems as far as i see it as he has to revert to two players sat infront of the back four which then reduces the numbers of attacking players.

I think selling NDJ was a mistake (though I understand there were contractual issues so maybe nothing could be done about it)

We are losing a lot of possession in midfield however also becuase silva and yaya are not on their top game at the moment. We know both are class players but Silva looks tired and I think if it wasnt for the nasrti injury he may well get a bit more rested as he llos like he needs a bit more training.

This is where i also see a slight problem in the selling of AJ.....on the odd occasion where AJ drifted inside to the middle in games, he showed he had a silva esq eye for a pass on occasions...this i think is something that could have been developed....sinclair although he has other strenghts that AJ didnt, wont ever have that

It is clear that we are nowhgere near the heights that we reached last year...which will lead to a very very close fight for the premiership between not just us and utd like last year but between us and ablout 5-6 other clubs.

Instant judgements are easy to make, and if i was making one about Javi, then i would say he's not at the required level.

However, after decades of watching City, you come to realise that you simply have to give overseas imports time. Give the lad at least 10-12 games before you decide.

Settling into a new country/culture/climate, can ultimately effect performances, and until he's had games and built up understanding of team mates, instant judgements are simply wrong imo.

Its not down to him that the team in general is not at the same level as last season.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
He is new to the team and the 442 bullshit is not helping him. Switch to 4231 and have him and Barry as the 2 with Yaya in front.

I keep seeing this bullshit on Bluemoon and I don't understand where this myth has come from. People seem to assume for the majority of last season we had Barry and De Jong sat with Yaya in front of them and one forward. Frankly my dear, that's bollocks!

We changed to that shape quite a lot late in games as a plan B but it certainly wasn't our normal line up for the majority of the season.

I can't remember a single league game last season when we didn't start with two forwards. One of them would often drop short and show feet, but they weren't playing in midfield.

We didn't play a traditional 442 like the shite, but we almost always started with two central midfielders (usually Barry and Yaya) two creative midfielders who defended from wide and drifted inside into space when we had the ball, (usually Silva and Nasri) and two up front (usually Aguero and one other).

That is the same shape we've started every league game this season except Liverpool. It's one point to say Aguero / Tevez haven't dropped and shown feet as much as last season, but to say we've had a radical overhaul of our shape and we are playing a conpletely new system is absolute bollocks!

simon23 said:
At the moment the problem is finding the right partner for Garcia....playing Yaya next to him isnt the right answer...when we put rodwell there we looked more solid

On his displays so far he is nowhere near as good as De jong defensively. He is slower at moving across the pitch (side to side) which means he isnt as effective at protecting the back 4...this is the reason we look (and are more open) in midfield. His ball distribution is better than Nige's BUT his tackling isnt.

He is better going forward but he is not a replacement for De jong defensively and wont ever be...but maybe Rodwell could be (though he has more in his locker than just a defensive midfielder)

To play Garcia you have to play either Rodwell or Bartry next to him and push yaya further forward in my opinion as Yaya's only weak part of his game is defensive duties....he doessnt often have the energy to track back as soon as we need it, his tackinlg is weak for such a big guy and in my opinion we dont get the best out of him there anyway

Garcia on his own casnnt do the job NDJ use to do as he isnt mobile enough.

This leaves manicini problems as far as i see it as he has to revert to two players sat infront of the back four which then reduces the numbers of attacking players.

I think selling NDJ was a mistake (though I understand there were contractual issues so maybe nothing could be done about it)

We are losing a lot of possession in midfield however also becuase silva and yaya are not on their top game at the moment. We know both are class players but Silva looks tired and I think if it wasnt for the nasrti injury he may well get a bit more rested as he llos like he needs a bit more training.

This is where i also see a slight problem in the selling of AJ.....on the odd occasion where AJ drifted inside to the middle in games, he showed he had a silva esq eye for a pass on occasions...this i think is something that could have been developed....sinclair although he has other strenghts that AJ didnt, wont ever have that

It is clear that we are nowhgere near the heights that we reached last year...which will lead to a very very close fight for the premiership between not just us and utd like last year but between us and ablout 5-6 other clubs.
Good post.

Us, United and two other clubs though.

He was very good at the highest level (Champions League) last season so I'm quite sure he'll be good enough for us. The real question is whether it was two tall, technically able, and combative midfielders (Rodwell, Garcia) we really needed rather than at least one midfielder who offers something different such as a great passing range from midfield. We rarely see any creativity from that part of the pitch in our team. Just look at Alonso's performance against us, one of his passes seemed to go the entire length of the pitch and found it's target.

LoveCity said:
He was very good at the highest level (Champions League) last season so I'm quite sure he'll be good enough for us. The real question is whether it was two tall, technically able, and combative midfielders (Rodwell, Garcia) we really needed rather than at least one midfielder who offers something different such as a great passing range from midfield. We rarely see any creativity from that part of the pitch in our team. Just look at Alonso's performance against us, one of his passes seemed to go the entire length of the pitch and found it's target.

Nail on the head, I feel what we needed was one combative midfielder and one Pizarro type deep midfielder spraying long passes everywhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.