Javi Garcia

simon23 said:
I just cannt see it with him.....

His lack of pace means once a player goes past him he might as well not be on the pitch. His positional awareness (which barry has and allows him to make up for his lack of pace) isnt very good either.

In every game he has played so far Ive watched on numerous occasions players g past him and have a free run at the two central defenders....im not talking about just dribbling past him, im also talking about without the ball....he just cannt keep up with the play once bypassed....players run off him very easily even when he doesnt have the ball

Of all the midfielders we ahve at the moment that can play centrally Id play everyone of them above him. Id even play zabba in the defensive midfield role before playing him there

Maybe he is just not upto speed so lets leave it a bit....and I bloody hope Im wrong about him

So how many games have you seen him play....3 ?

Sky Blue said:
simon23 said:
I just cannt see it with him.....

His lack of pace means once a player goes past him he might as well not be on the pitch. His positional awareness (which barry has and allows him to make up for his lack of pace) isnt very good either.

In every game he has played so far Ive watched on numerous occasions players g past him and have a free run at the two central defenders....im not talking about just dribbling past him, im also talking about without the ball....he just cannt keep up with the play once bypassed....players run off him very easily even when he doesnt have the ball

Of all the midfielders we ahve at the moment that can play centrally Id play everyone of them above him. Id even play zabba in the defensive midfield role before playing him there

Maybe he is just not upto speed so lets leave it a bit....and I bloody hope Im wrong about him

So how many games have you seen him play....3 ?

all the ones he has played

He's abit like Savic really, Thrown him in the deep end and people expect instant impact. Who has he played against? Stoke away, Arsenal, Madrid and half Ajax?

Give he time for Christ sake

McFcMiKe7 said:
He's abit like Savic really, Thrown him in the deep end and people expect instant impact. Who has he played against? Stoke away, Arsenal, Madrid and half Ajax?

Give he time for Christ sake

Im not against giving him time but he has to make major improvements on what he has shown so far....being unable to keep up with players who havent even got the ball when they are running off him does not ,ake for a good start.....

When yaya, silva, kompany all first played you could see they had what it takes.....but im not sure about garcia, as i wasnt sure about savic (and we know how that turned out) or kolorov...And ive seen nothing of kolorov to change my opinion that he should always be second choice to clichy<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:39 pm --<br /><br />
Sky Blue said:
simon23 said:
all the ones he has played

For us?...

yup

simon23 said:
Im not against giving him time but he has to make major improvements on what he has shown so far....being unable to keep up with players who havent even got the ball when they are running off him does not ,ake for a good start.....

When yaya, silva, kompany all first played you could see they had what it takes.....

Vinny was in centre mid, Yaya looked like a giraffe on ice and Silva a little boy amongst men.

Vinny has grown to be one of the very best centre halfs on the planet. Any team would have him and he would start in any team.

Yaya has gone from playing holding mid and centre half for Barca to a rampaging giant at times that no team can stop.

The little boy Silva has toughened up and again he would be worthy of a place in any team o the planet because he is a genius.

All 3 grew into the side and all 3 took time. Of all our players only Aguero has really done it from day one for me.

Rascal said:
simon23 said:

When yaya, silva, kompany all first played you could see they had what it takes.....

Vinny was in centre mid, Yaya looked like a giraffe on ice and Silva a little boy amongst men.

Vinny has grown to be one of the very best centre halfs on the planet. Any team would have him and he would start in any team.

Yaya has gone from playing holding mid and centre half for Barca to a rampaging giant at times that no team can stop.

The little boy Silva has toughened up and again he would be worthy of a place in any team o the planet because he is a genius.

All 3 grew into the side and all 3 took time. Of all our players only Aguero has really done it from day one for me.

yes vinny was in central midfield but he still stood out.....and both yaya and silva from the moment i saw them play i didnt have a doubt about their ability (though Yaya frustrated me a little Ill admit)

simon23 said:
yes vinny was in central midfield but he still stood out.....and both yaya and silva from the moment i saw them play i didnt have a doubt about their ability (though Yaya frustrated me a little Ill admit)

Vinny was an above average holding midfielder i accept, but he has grown to be a world class centre half. Now the undoubdted leader of the team and a player who will be remembered as a City great.

From small acorns and all that.

I never expected to see the Yaya we now know, the man who i dont think Barca realised they had either.

From small acorns and all that

Silva looked to me as though he had quality but was lightweight and i didnt think he would survive the PL

Garcia is an acorn

Rascal said:
simon23 said:

Vinny was an above average holding midfielder i accept, but he has grown to be a world class centre half. Now the undoubdted leader of the team and a player who will be remembered as a City great.

I never expected to see the Yaya we now know, the man who i dont think Barca realised they had either.

From small acorns and all that

Silva looked to me as though he had quality but was lightweight and i didnt think he would survive the PL

Garcia is an acorn

LOL, that's a bit harsh. I can see the headline now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.