Javi Garcia

Re: Javi Garcia ?

strongbowholic said:
What we got with Garcia (based on his play at Benfica) is a midfielder who sits in front of the back four providing good cover for them, has good passing ability to launch attacks and (given his playing position) manages to grab a few goals too.

We have only seen glimpses of this so far at City, but as has been said already, new country, new team, higher tempo, tougher league.

We cannot say for certain whether or not he will sink or swim; what we can say though is that it is far too early to write him off just yet.

I agree, he was dog shit last night but let's give the lad a little bit of leeway just now.

Time to whip out my new fave gif again -

fuck%20yeah%20dementia.gif

jay_mcfc said:
De Jong is getting better and better and hasn't even played for us in months...
Meh, not even the point. We downgraded.

We barely have spots in the team, if you're gonna bring in a new player to take up a vital squad space, at least let it be a serious upgrade..

He was clearly nervous as fuck last night, the lad wants to do well but he seems to over think. He over measured and thought every pass he made, barring the one to maicon. Nothing seemed natural in his play, he backed out of tackles but also rushed into a few. Once he calms down a bit and loses the nerves i reckon he'll do alright. Would i play him in the derby? Would i fuck!

Martin* said:
He clearly needs more time to adapt to the rigours of the league but the initial signs are worrying.

In my opinion you can usually see the basics of a player, even when they are not playing well. With Garcia I am genuinely struggling to see even a glimmer of any acceptable attributes.

His passing range seems very limited, he looks incredibly weak in the tackle and there is no urgency to his game when it comes to getting the ball back. The game passes him by and he doesn't appear to have the ability to keep up with the play.

All that said I have faith in Roberto and hope he improves.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

Jumanji said:
Meh, not even the point. We downgraded.

We barely have spots in the team, if you're gonna bring in a new player to take up a vital squad space, at least let it be a serious upgrade..

Meh De Jong wanted to leave.

Meh De Jong also struggled in his first year

Meh Garcia has started two league games (I think!)

Meh Garcia was shit last night, no doubt about that.

Admittedly Javi was poor last night but as a 25 year old 6 foot plus midfielder he is now coming into his prime but he has to learn very very quickly the the Premier League is faster and tougher than both the Portugese and Spanish leagues.

Every Premier team will fight to win the midfield battle and for Javi to succeed with us he has to realise that he has to dramatically up his game otherwise he could become a fans whipping boy as he's constantly being compared to De Jong who wasn't half bad

Peter Doherty said:
Freestyler said:
First touch is dire, his passing is shocking.

I wouldn't usually criticise a player, but Garcia is a SHITHOUSE. Pulls out of tackles, half hearted. Wouldn't mind he if actually TRIED.

It's not down to:

Fitness
Lack of football in england
Getting up to speed
no pre-season

That's down to having bottle, he's not got a single bone in his body that has. 2 minutes in tonight he made the most half hearted attempt for the ball i've ever seen. Did it all game, made ONE tackle all game which he should be doing anyway. That was only cause the ball was closer to him, any further away and he would of backed out of that to.

He's slow, he's 5 yards behind the game. he can't read the game at all.

One of the softest midfielders i've ever seen in my life, if he's our midfield battler/hardman then we're absolutely fucked. Sold NDJ and wouldn't give him another £20,000 a week yet we spunked £90,000 a week on Garcia and paid £22mill. Ripped off good and proper.

He'll never ever make it as a footballer in England, Jerome Boateng Part 2 written all over it.

He's garbage.

Been coming on here for a long time, and that's the biggest load of shit I've read yet.

Maybe it's time you fucked off then after that comment.

for stating the fact he's a shithouse and pulls out of tackles?

yeah right of course, it's a fact. 2 minutes into the game last night, watch that 'tackle'.

He's a unit, a powerless one.

I really wasn't impressed with him, although he did make one good crossfield pass before he got subbed.

People have really got to be patient tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.