Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see this over and over again. Not allowing a foreign player to adjust to life in a foreign country, the club and PL-football. Most do need the time, very few don't.

Garcia hasn't lived up to his transferfee last season, agree. But he also had to adjust to another role compared to the one he played at Benfica. And the Garcia I saw at Benfica (in Holland we tend to get a lot of foreign football on telly) was a fantastic player. I would like to see him develop in a new system and a new (Spanish-speaking) manager with a different man-management approach. But than again, if City would be able to get both Isco and Thiago for a combined fee of 30-35 mill., I wouldn't mind us selling 2 or 3 to compensate and Garcia could be one of them.

Finally, Pellegrini hadn't any say in the players that came and went when he became manager at Real. And even so he managed to make Real play better as a team than Mourinho ever managed, getting an amazing 96 points and still finished 2nd to Barcelona.

NipHolmes said:
dennishasdoneit said:
The Road Sweeper said:
He's not quick enough.
He's not mobile enough.
He's not dynamic enough.
He's not strong enough.
He can't pass well enough.
He doesn't add anything to the team. He's not a bad player, just not good enough. Sometimes you just have to cut your loses. Juan Sebastian Veron springs to mind.

what you want is a stevie-gerrard action man type player, the type who never win owt on the international stage cos being strong fast and dynamic just isn,t enough....

Nope.

The kind of player that was failed by his national team coaches who tried to play both him and Lampard but should have built the team around the best English player for a decade. The same player that dragged his team kicking and screaming to win the FA Cup and CL.

Simply put Garcia is a passenger and we are aiming to become on of the elite teams in the world. We need Gerrard quality players, not the 4th choice CDM of Spain that can also do a job at CB. For £18m and 80k a week he's robbing a living, he needs his kit replacing with a black and white robbers outfit. Don't fancy his chances of getting away from the police when he gets chased. He will probably try to nudge them and hope for the best ''If only Yaya was here'' he curses.

-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:18 am --

Marvin said:
GazM said:
Did Pelli sell him or was it the board at Real ? Remember they got rid of Robben & Schneider.
He did, but Robben and Sneijder were sold against his wishes.

If Barry goes, Garcia will stay. Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous and 90% stem from an inability to appreciate the role he plays in the team. However, I can't see him regularly with Fernandinho signing, unless he plays alongside Kompany - which is possible.

You said he'd be a key player for us and that anybody who doesn't rate him can't spot a player.

He's simply not good enough.
I said that last season before we bought Fernandinho. I still think he will be a key player, although perhaps as a central defender.

Not every midfielder can be an attacking player like Silva or Isco. Even the flair teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid have defensive players like Khedira, Busquets or Mascherano.

The weakness in his game is his pace, and it stands out more when the rest of your midfield is also pedestrian. That's been addressed now with Fernandinho, but whether we can play Garcia, Fernandinho and Yaya Toure together I doubt

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
dennishasdoneit said:
what you want is a stevie-gerrard action man type player, the type who never win owt on the international stage cos being strong fast and dynamic just isn,t enough....

Nope.

The kind of player that was failed by his national team coaches who tried to play both him and Lampard but should have built the team around the best English player for a decade. The same player that dragged his team kicking and screaming to win the FA Cup and CL.

Simply put Garcia is a passenger and we are aiming to become on of the elite teams in the world. We need Gerrard quality players, not the 4th choice CDM of Spain that can also do a job at CB. For £18m and 80k a week he's robbing a living, he needs his kit replacing with a black and white robbers outfit. Don't fancy his chances of getting away from the police when he gets chased. He will probably try to nudge them and hope for the best ''If only Yaya was here'' he curses.

Marvin said:
He did, but Robben and Sneijder were sold against his wishes.

If Barry goes, Garcia will stay. Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous and 90% stem from an inability to appreciate the role he plays in the team. However, I can't see him regularly with Fernandinho signing, unless he plays alongside Kompany - which is possible.

You said he'd be a key player for us and that anybody who doesn't rate him can't spot a player.

I said that last season before we bought Fernandinho. I still think he will be a key player, although perhaps as a central defender.

Not every midfielder can be an attacking player like Silva or Isco. Even the flair teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid have defensive players like Khedira, Busquets or Mascherano.

The weakness in his game is his pace, and it stands out more when the rest of your midfield is also pedestrian. That's been addressed now with Fernandinho, but whether we can play Garcia, Fernandinho and Yaya Toure together I doubt

Nonsense.

Desparte attempt to swing the topic too by including Silva and Isco with comparisons, why would I liken Garcia to them for comparisons when they are different kinds of players?

The players you mentioned are all world class, Garcia isn't. He cant pass like them, he doesn't make runs forward with intent like they do and they all don't need to be carried by the man beside them.

He won't be a key player because the board have seen what myself and others have, his genuine lack of ability as an all-round player, he is a very weak player in comparison to the names you mentioned.

A CB you say, so you want to replace Nasty or Lescott for this donkey? Both are superior, we've let a player leave on a free that was better than him in this position ffs. Tell me how many teams in the leagues top 10 that would have him start?

Garcia is like owning a car that's constantly playing up, you throw good money after bad to keep it on the road but really you know that you should sell and replace. By paying his wages to keep as a utility player we are wasting resources, get rid and move on. Simpla as that.

-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:45 am --

eversince 76 said:
You see this over and over again. Not allowing a foreign player to adjust to life in a foreign country, the club and PL-football. Most do need the time, very few don't.

Garcia hasn't lived up to his transferfee last season, agree. But he also had to adjust to another role compared to the one he played at Benfica. And the Garcia I saw at Benfica (in Holland we tend to get a lot of foreign football on telly) was a fantastic player. I would like to see him develop in a new system and a new (Spanish-speaking) manager with a different man-management approach. But than again, if City would be able to get both Isco and Thiago for a combined fee of 30-35 mill., I wouldn't mind us selling 2 or 3 to compensate and Garcia could be one of them.

Finally, Pellegrini hadn't any say in the players that came and went when he became manager at Real. And even so he managed to make Real play better as a team than Mourinho ever managed, getting an amazing 96 points and still finished 2nd to Barcelona.

On my word I called it last summer before we announced the deal was done. I said clear as day that Witsel was the player we should have gone for and that Garcia was carried by him. Unbeknownst to me Witsel sold out to a Russian mob but point stands, Garcia was the wrong player to buy.

Mancini's men fucked up twice when scouting. They viewed Benfica and Belgrade for players. They chose Garcia and Savic when really it was Witsel and Nastasic who needed to be bought. Top fucking scouting huh?

NipHolmes said:
Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
Nope.

Nonsense.

Desparte attempt to swing the topic too by including Silva and Isco with comparisons, why would I liken Garcia to them for comparisons when they are different kinds of players?

The players you mentioned are all world class, Garcia isn't. He cant pass like them, he doesn't make runs forward with intent like they do and they all don't need to be carried by the man beside them.

He won't be a key player because the board have seen what myself and others have, his genuine lack of ability as an all-round player, he is a very weak player in comparison to the names you mentioned.

A CB you say, so you want to replace Nasty or Lescott for this donkey? Both are superior, we've let a player leave on a free that was better than him in this position ffs. Tell me how many teams in the leagues top 10 that would have him start?

Garcia is like owning a car that's constantly playing up, you throw good money after bad to keep it on the road but really you know that you should sell and replace. By paying his wages to keep as a utility player we are wasting resources, get rid and move on. Simpla as that.
No he's a defensive midfielder which most teams usually play with. I wouldn't compare him to Silva or Isco. That's the mistake you make. He's the type of player you need in your team to allow players like Isco and Silva the freedom to play.

I feel for him but he will not consistently succeed in any role at City. Best all round to sell him and mark it up as a lesson learned.

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
Marvin said:

Nonsense.

No he's a defensive midfielder which most teams usually play with. I wouldn't compare him to Silva or Isco. That's the mistake you make. He's the type of player you need in your team to allow players like Isco and Silva the freedom to play.

What are you on about?

I never once mentioned Isco or Silva and I know full bloody well where he plays. I've said half a dozen times in the thread.

He's 4th choice for Spain in his position and is only called up as a CB option because they have a dirth of talent there besides Pique, Puyol, Albiol and Ramos. They play Martinez there if needed because Busquets and Alonso are the men at CDM.

You need somepone solid behind a midfield three but Garcia is not the answer. Rodwell buys and sells him an is an unproven injury prone prospect for heavens sake.

Watch Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, United and Juventus. Watch how they spray balls from deep. Watch Garcia, you will cry. He looks up, then passes sideways. Not good enough. He is too slow, he can't pivot without a good oiling of wd-40, he can't pass long balls or switch play and he's absolutely bollocksed when he tried to track a runner, if the sideways nudge doesn't work the guys forehead starts to drip.

He's an Alfa Romeo.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:55 am --<br /><br />
TonyM said:
I feel for him but he will not consistently succeed in any role at City. Best all round to sell him and mark it up as a lesson learned.
Bingo.

Another poster who cannot supposedly 'spot a player' + 'who thinks he knows better than Del Bosque'.

The bets thing for all concerned is that we say Adios.

bondsman said:
dennishasdoneit said:
The Road Sweeper said:
He's not quick enough.
He's not mobile enough.
He's not dynamic enough.
He's not strong enough.
He can't pass well enough.
He doesn't add anything to the team. He's not a bad player, just not good enough. Sometimes you just have to cut your loses. Juan Sebastian Veron springs to mind.

Same Gerrard who produced a stunning display to win the champs league? Yeah we would like one of those of Garcia any day

Glad you remember gerrards barnstorming performance to win the champions league-perhaps you forget the lack of disciplined midfield play which led to liverpool being 3 nil down ...?

Do you remember John Mcgoverns quiet, disciplined performance for nottingham forest in TWO european cup finals..he won both. didn,t hit any 60 yard passes, didn,t volley home from 40 yards and didn,t make barnstorming runs up and down the pitch..just did what his manager asked him to do..keep the shape of the team,sit in front of the back four, and pass the ball 5 yards to someone else....i suppose he was just a passenger in the side tho..what do i know?

saying garcia is too slow is missing the point . he,s not there to be a stevie gerrard.

He could potentially do a job for us in certain games. I guess a lot of it depends on what sort of money he's earning. The other thing to mention is that while Yaya, Fernandinho and Rodwell are all strong going forward, they are all also capable of doing a job in this defensive position if we need them to, with a better range of passing than Garcia can manage. I suspect we'll probably end up in a position where one of our midfielders will have to compromise their attacking instincts for the good of the team.

Garcia can be a good player that gets stuck in. He's very good in the air and I've been impressed with his heading ability.

Oh my, on the other hand, his pace like many people have mentioned- makes you shit your self sometimes, it's almost like he's carrying a 50kg weight on his back. I can't remember a time where he's played a forward pass and you think 'wow!', he always passes short, it could be due to lack of confidence, in and out of the team last season.

Hopefully under Pellegrini's 'soft approach', we see him feature more, watch his confidence grow and see a Garcia who control games.

I wouldn't mind him staying, but I can't see him getting in the team a lot. With Yaya, Barry, Milner and Rodwell, as well as Fernandinho! It'll be tough for him.

Matic to Chelsea soon to be wrapped up. Hopefully they take Garcia back off our hands. Will be interesting to see how much we get for this 'unheralded key player who does work that's not appreciated'. I reckon we will do well to get more than £10m for him, if we do Txiki may as well jack his job in and move to Abu Dhabi and sell sand to Mansour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.