Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very dissapointed with how so many City fans seem to have ganged up on Garcia and not given him a chance. He's played about 20 games for us alongside a Yaya Toure who simply wasn't trying, anyone would struggle. Yes he isn't the most mobile, but you don't need to be in that position, as he showed for Benfica and so many others in that position have shown. People seem to criticise him for not being a box to box player or a creative force, but he isn't supposed to be those things? Makes no sense to me.

If he played alongside someone with any mobility whatsoever, instead of a disinterested Yaya or ageing Barry, then he'd look a completely different player. I'd love to see him as the holder in a midfield 3 next year as he is a quality player and a genuine holder, which other than Barry we lack. Hate seeing someone written off before they've even had a chance, especially as he seems to be used as a scapegoat for Yaya not trying

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Ell-ano said:
BlueAnorak said:
You have a point if you pair him with Barry in a DM 2. You do not have a point in a general sense.
For example: Who was our best player against Dortmund at home (paired with YaYa) till he was injured on 34 mins? Prior to his injury we defended well against Dortmund. After he went off injured we stank the place out and they ran through us.
He can now play with Fernandino or Ya Ya in a DM 2 or with Ya Ya and Fernandiniho in a DM 3.
He also wouldn't be picked for the Spanish squad if he was crap.
tbh i agree with this, i think he's become something of a whipping boy on here, his performances really havent been that bad and he's improved every game, good player and i am sure Pellegrini will see that

Er, Pellegrini couldn't get rid of him quick enough at Real.
Pellegrini didn't get rid of anyone at Madrid. He didn't buy anyone. He didn't sell anyone. He took who he was told he was taking. If Garcia is sold, it's down to Pellegrini's boss. They might consult him, but it won't be his decision.

taconinja said:
Ell-ano said:
tbh i agree with this, i think he's become something of a whipping boy on here, his performances really havent been that bad and he's improved every game, good player and i am sure Pellegrini will see that

Pellegrini didn't get rid of anyone at Madrid. He didn't buy anyone. He didn't sell anyone. He took who he was told he was taking. If Garcia is sold, it's down to Pellegrini's boss. They might consult him, but it won't be his decision.

He said Sneijder and Robben were sold against his wishes. He never mentioned Garcia. So i doubt he was against Garcia leaving.

He was replacing a great defensive player in De Jong which he never quite managed to do, although i do think his passing is better he would be worth keeping in my opinion a least for another year if what the club say is true and we want to win all the trophies available.

BlueCityfan said:
taconinja said:

He said Sneijder and Robben were sold against his wishes. He never mentioned Garcia. So i doubt he was against Garcia leaving.
Lol

I also thought Garcia had been very unimpressive all season. Lack of confidence or instructions from the coaching staff?
But did anyone else think there was a hint of him relaxing and opening up his game in the 2 end of season Chelsea friendlies? I'm sure he'll get another season and, fingers crossed, he turns into the player we hoped for.

BlueCityfan said:
taconinja said:

That in now way contradicts what I stated.

MCFColly said:
I do think he gets a bad time on here but so do every other player at some point for something or other. I personally rate him, He cant be that bad nst if he gets into the Spanish national team and feel this season he will fit into the team and the style of play we will play under pellegrini,

Give him 1 more season and THEN if he hasn't improved then get rid

But he doesn't actually play. He's never started and never played a game that counted. He's subb'd in a friendly 1 time and he only started 1 under 21 game.

He's just not good enough and he was rubbish at CH last year too. He can play against a Tony Pulis team but that's about it. He's just to slow and doesn't read the game well enough to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.