Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Napoli really in the market for Garcia? I'm not a hater, just of the opinion that he doesn't have a future with us and should be letting his spot go to someone who actually has potential, e.g Rodwell or whoever we can bring in.

Hart of the matter said:
I have never been openly critical of our players, even though I may have thought it. Have lost the nervousness about Garcia being brought on towards the end of a match. Yesterday however I was left speechless by his lack of impact on the game. What was he there for? Loads of short passes back to the player he had just recieved it from, no decisive passes and no tackles/ interceptions of note. Worst of all he slowed us right down to snails pace. Was like watching a typical game from last season.
Managers seem to prefer him to other options we have and have had. At least lots of appearances may make his transfer value hold.

Lack of impact on the game ? Did you want him to run passed 4 players and then score from 40 meters ? Or maybe you wanted to see a bit of samba samba, nutmegs and silky tricks ?

Hart of the matter said:
I have never been openly critical of our players, even though I may have thought it. Have lost the nervousness about Garcia being brought on towards the end of a match. Yesterday however I was left speechless by his lack of impact on the game. What was he there for? Loads of short passes back to the player he had just recieved it from, no decisive passes and no tackles/ interceptions of note. Worst of all he slowed us right down to snails pace. Was like watching a typical game from last season.
Managers seem to prefer him to other options we have and have had. At least lots of appearances may make his transfer value hold.

Totally agree with you.

Not one pass forward. Just kept passing sideways and backwards. And everytime he received the ball he was always a yard behind and catching up with simple passes. Astonishing!! How does he get picked up??

Cobwebcat said:
Mirror report (Ollie Holt) on the game "Javi Garcia was strikingly immobile in the centre of midfield and Dedryck Boyata had precious little impact on proceedings"

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/manchester-city-1-crystal-palace-6451230

Bottom rating from both journo and the fans (again)

Opposition fans all want him to play.

We can't all be wrong.

He played well, not sure we needed a defensive mid fielder in the Palace game though. Under rated by City fans, he reminds me of Flamini.

Indian Cityzen said:
Hart of the matter said:

Totally agree with you.

Not one pass forward. Just kept passing sideways and backwards. And everytime he received the ball he was always a yard behind and catching up with simple passes. Astonishing!! How does he get picked up??

And joe hart doesn't score enough goals.

regista said:
Hart of the matter said:

Lack of impact on the game ? Did you want him to run passed 4 players and then score from 40 meters ? Or maybe you wanted to see a bit of samba samba, nutmegs and silky tricks ?
That's fair enough, having an impact going forwards is not his role and it is unfair of people to expect it from him. The problem is that it is his role to shield the defence and despite the protestations of the very small number of apologists, I just dint think he does that either. They had so little of the ball yesterday but caused us a number of problems and had several decent situations. At no time did I see Garcia putting out any fires in front of the defence. And the worst thing is that whether it is his fault or not, when he is on the pitch in league matches we just don't seem to function at all. Our game is immediately slowed down and we return to the sideways backwards football of last season. I don't hate the guy, it isn't his fault that he is such an incredibly average footballer who is so unsuited to the English game but he is and that's way most fans don't want him anywhere near the team.

Lancet Fluke said:
regista said:
Hart of the matter said:

That's fair enough, having an impact going forwards is not his role and it is unfair of people to expect it from him. The problem is that it is his role to shield the defence and despite the protestations of the very small number of apologists, I just dint think he does that either. They had so little of the ball yesterday but caused us a number of problems and had several decent situations. At no time did I see Garcia putting out any fires in front of the defence. And the worst thing is that whether it is his fault or not, when he is on the pitch in league matches we just don't seem to function at all. Our game is immediately slowed down and we return to the sideways backwards football of last season. I don't hate the guy, it isn't his fault that he is such an incredibly average footballer who is so unsuited to the English game but he is and that's way most fans don't want him anywhere near the team.

yep, one of those rare games when the team doesn't score 4 goals and everyone blames javi garcia. he is a great scapegoat isn't he ?

the truth is that the creative players, the ones who were supposed to supply dzeko, i.e. navas, nasri and silva, these players didn't do enough, probably because they were tired.

i agree that garcia is a flop and struggled in this league, but yesterday he did almost nothing wrong, he had a good game.

I really struggle with these types of players and the system that produces them. Players who have solely succeeded on their physical attributes and not on their footballing ability. To be honest he seems a product of the English coaching system not the Spanish.
I don't understand why he was signed other than he was a (very) poor mans Javi Martinez. Players like Garcia are ten a penny and for me he doesn't bring anything to the table, in fact a table would be more mobile. He's certainly not for me and never will be.

regista said:
Lancet Fluke said:
regista said:

yep, one of those rare games when the team doesn't score 4 goals and everyone blames javi garcia. he is a great scapegoat isn't he ?

the truth is that the creative players, the ones who were supposed to supply dzeko, i.e. navas, nasri and silva, these players didn't do enough, probably because they were tired.

i agree that garcia is a flop and struggled in this league, but yesterday he did almost nothing wrong, he had a good game.

Of course he did nothing wrong because he did almost nothing at all. Actually there was one point in the second half where for once he had the chance to stop a counter attack, for once he was in the right place at the right time, right in front of the player running towards our box. The player went straight past him with the ball, as Garcia made a poor attempt to tackle. I understand that you think it is ridiculous to blame Garcia for our forwards not playing well but it is an incredible coincidence how often they have a bad day in the league when he is on the pitch. You can deny it all you like but he slows our game down and it makes it much more difficult for our high tempo game to function. Not his fault admittedly, it's the manager's for picking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.