Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

Thought Javi did well again tonight.

Getting better and could be very useful for us this season

Thought he did OK tonight, but nothing more. In his defence none of the outfield players really performed.

greasedupdeafguy said:
wireblue said:
It shows how bad Rodwell was that he was taken off before garcia who played 90mins at chelsea. In certain situations garcia can do a very good job.
Didnt think Rodwell was that bad tbh he looked decent when he actually got the ball the only reason he came off I presume was because hes been out injured for a long time.

-- Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 am --

NQCitizen said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Well it's hardly a surprise the only thing he does is pass to the guy 2 yards away from him. He isnt any better than say someone like Scott Parker.

Passing to the guy next to him is his job.

I don't get why not losing the ball in a possession team isn't seen as an asset.

Are you saying he's the only player in the league who does that then?
No I dont expect a guy who cost 17 million to be so limited.
I just dont see any redeeming qualities in his game at all apart from being half decent in the air.

Fair play mate. I think he's pretty consistent, good at reading the game, strong, good in the air, a reliable passer and has a fantastic attitude. Not the most mobile admittedly but I think that disproportionately overshadows a lot of good qualities.

greasedupdeafguy said:
NQCitizen said:
Ghandi's Flip Flops said:
I know stats can be spun in various ways but from todays 'Football365's Premier League Numbers & Stats'

* Javi Garcia has the best pass completion rate of any player in the Premier League, with 94.2%. 98% of his passes found their targets against Chelsea.

While not knocking either of the players as I rate them both - if that was Rodwell or Milner people would be falling over themselves to sing their praises.
Well it's hardly a surprise the only thing he does is pass to the guy 2 yards away from him. He isnt any better than say someone like Scott Parker.

Well the stats say he's better at doing what he does than anyone else in the league at the moment

mcfc_ms said:
Thought Javi did well again tonight.

Getting better and could be very useful for us this season
He looked adequate but limited which is sad because if ever he had a chance to dominate a midfield and showcase himself it was tonight.

Rascal said:
Rammy Blue said:
Not sure if you've noticed but we're playing 4-4-2 and Garcia has got the mobility of a fucking slug. FFS I could look good tonight if I sat in front of the back 4 and never moved more than a couple of yards and passed the ball 10 yards at a time.

He's shite.

Rammy you need help mate.

All the tension you have is not healthy

Javi was our most consistent player tonight. Kept the ball well and shielded the back four effectively.

By a bloody mile!

levets said:
Rascal said:
Rammy Blue said:
Not sure if you've noticed but we're playing 4-4-2 and Garcia has got the mobility of a fucking slug. FFS I could look good tonight if I sat in front of the back 4 and never moved more than a couple of yards and passed the ball 10 yards at a time.

He's shite.

Rammy you need help mate.

All the tension you have is not healthy

Javi was our most consistent player tonight. Kept the ball well and shielded the back four effectively.

By a bloody mile!

Pleased you found somewhere to watch it in China. I thought he did ok too.

I hate to be cruel but he is the worst senior player I've seen in a City team for nearly 20 years. I'm serious. I struggle to think of anyone who is so ineffective in their primary role. It's not necessarily his fault and he seems a decent lad so I want him to succeed but I just can't see it at City. For his own sake I hope he returns to Portugal as soon as possible. Maybe he can reignite his career.

TonyM said:
I hate to be cruel but he is the worst senior player I've seen in a City team for nearly 20 years. I'm serious. I struggle to think of anyone who is so ineffective in their primary role. It's not necessarily his fault and he seems a decent lad so I want him to succeed but I just can't see it at City. For his own sake I hope he returns to Portugal as soon as possible. Maybe he can reignite his career.

I wonder if you said the same when we got Gaz Baz

Rascal said:
TonyM said:

I wonder if you said the same when we got Gaz Baz

You're not seriously comparing the two are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.