Jeremie Frimpong

He is very quick. Good playing up the wing. Think if deployed in that high providing width role. He’d be very good. At Leipzig he plays more like a winger. I just thought in that system vs Newcastle he’d be well suited perhaps not to the 3-2-4-1. Saw him at Celtic very good offensively but lacks defensively.
That's exactly my concern. Call me old-fashioned but, surely, the first responsibility of a defender is to defend. I'm really not convinced that Frimpong has the suitable attributes to fill that right back role as a regular pick. Yes, great potentially going forward but seriously lacking in defensive qualities. His stats for the past year would appear to bear that out.1000017172.jpg

Last edited:
That's exactly my concern. Call me old-fashioned but, surely, the first responsibility of a defender is to defend. I'm really not convinced that Frimpong has the suitable attributes to fill that left back role as a regular pick. Yes, great potentially going forward but seriously lacking in defensive qualities. His stats for the past year would appear to bear that out.View attachment 129345
Right back surely?

Let's try to keep the petty insults out of the thread, please.
Best if these kids got off their Xbox/PlayStation, stopped posting pointless stats, which have as much relevance to football as windspeed to a Submarine......watched real football, and see the obvious, which is Rico Lewis is a far better player, and we already have him ;)

Ship has sailed imo.

We want proper defenders in the back 4.

And if we wanted him to be purely a winger, we have Savinho, Bobb, Bernie and even Foden on the RW.

Michael Kayode is the one for me and would be nice for our current set up

+ Rico Lewis would be nice rb pairing for years to come

Michael Kayode is the one for me and would be nice for our current set up

+ Rico Lewis would be nice rb pairing for years to come
Rico's had a massive upsurge over the summer, even fitter and stronger and getting better by the game, a special talent, in fact unique.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.