Jeremie Frimpong

Did you not watch us at all this season? Did you not watch all those games when Walker was playing as a defacto RW, getting in behind the defences in acres of space but not being able to deliver assists or goals? Pep's already changed his tactics.
And now has 2 players that can play as traditional wingers instead of have Grealish and Bernardo as his wide players. So less likely to want a right back that spends the game playing as a winger. Somebody like Kimmich, or even Akanji far more suited than Frimpong.

And now has 2 players that can play as traditional wingers instead of have Grealish and Bernardo as his wide players. So less likely to want a right back that spends the game playing as a winger. Somebody like Kimmich, or even Akanji far more suited than Frimpong.

Doku could have played on the right if that's what Pep wanted, it's the position he's played more than anywhere else in his career.

Savio is a boy who's as likely to go the Sergio Gomez/Douglas Luiz route than be a genuine first team starting option.

Not to mention....we still have Bernardo and Grealish. So are they just never going to play any more? Or might we want an option that allows us to still attack wide when 2 of our most used players in the last 2 seasons are on the pitch??

Doku could have played on the right if that's what Pep wanted, it's the position he's played more than anywhere else in his career.

Savio is a boy who's as likely to go the Sergio Gomez/Douglas Luiz route than be a genuine first team starting option.

Not to mention....we still have Bernardo and Grealish. So are they just never going to play any more? Or might we want an option that allows us to still attack wide when 2 of our most used players in the last 2 seasons are on the pitch??
Guess we’ll see, only a fool would predict exactly how Pep plans to line up and use his squad next season, but I’d put good money on us having no interest in Frimpong or that type of full back at all.

Talk on Frimpong going anywhere is quiet which is odd. We may not need him but if he has a 35m release clause I’d be amazed that other teams aren’t looking at him. Unless he’s going to sign a new contract when back at training which is fair enough.

Talk on Frimpong going anywhere is quiet which is odd. We may not need him but if he has a 35m release clause I’d be amazed that other teams aren’t looking at him. Unless he’s going to sign a new contract when back at training which is fair enough.
Rag bound I reckon

35m is still a lot of money, there are probably several clubs he would actually be interested in and of those I don't see any that would need a RB/RWB that badly that they will spend that money.

In the new "Transfer DealSheet" from The Athletic, Frimpong is linked to City again. Sounds like Walker could be off to Saudi and Frimpong in as a replacement.

I’d love him here. Great prospect and a chance for us to evolve again.

I don’t see us letting Walker go this late though. Maybe next year, another good year under Alonso would be great for him but we’d pay much more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.