Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's as clear as day we need a winger who is fast and can beat a full back one on one.

Take last night for example...Haaland is our major threat, so Navas tucked right in close to the centre back to help nullify any through balls down the sides or between the centre backs (which he cut out on at least one occasion I can remember).

The reason he could afford to do that is because although it left Jack wide open spaces for the switch of play and he was able to get the ball to his feet a lot, Navas always had time/speed to get back out to him knowing he wouldn't be beaten for pace or taken on.

If we have someone who is a threat and proper rapid on the wing (not necessarily saying it has to be the left, was just using last night as an obvious example), then the full back won't be able to risk tucking in and leaving so much space, as they would have to engage much earlier.

Thus in turn, leaving more space for Haaland...

So us having that extra dimension will for sure cause other teams additional headaches on how to negate our attacking threat, which without KdB, is very one dimensional and quite easy to defend against at times.

Hopefully we take a rain check on this one

It makes no sense whatsoever to bring in a raw 21 year old winger if that means we have to sell palmer because he’s not happy about his game time

Give Palmer this season to prove himself

How many wingers have we signed recently that have hit the ground running , it could take him 6 months before he would add any value

A bird in the hand and all that
To me this signing is irrelevant to palmer. We will need cover for grealish on the left and I believe doku can do that.

So, your not annoyed then

I’m annoyed that we are moving so slowly and going to play Newcastle with a team that is not fully formed with options. Some of this is hard to predict and plan for but we do these players a disservice not getting deals done before pre season to allow them to spend time learning the system and what the hell the madman manager wants of them.

But I’m not concerned about whatever the outcome is on this specific player. Our transfer team is very good, just slower and do not prioritize the pre season the way I would

do you not think we can do 2 deals at once ?,im sure at any given time during the transfer window they are dealing with 5 different players agents/clubs
Paqueta seems to be more urgent and a 80 mil deal isn’t easy to do, so yeah I think they could prioritize atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.