Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a young Adama Traore as his stats demonstrate. Palmer makes a mockery of him.

It’s sad that our fans regard a shiny new toy in higher regard than a young Mancunian that’s come through our academy.

I think you'd struggle to find any non-City fans who rate Palmer higher than Doku.

He’s a young Adama Traore as his stats demonstrate. Palmer makes a mockery of him.

It’s sad that our fans regard a shiny new toy in higher regard than a young Mancunian that’s come through our academy.
I suspect most fans don't compare the two but do trust our scouting teams judgement and are naturally optimistic.
Who knows, you may be right occasionally we do get things wrong, and discussion boards are about opinions but I very much doubt our fans are anti manc.

Such a closed minded post. Palmer is a good player but Doku is a level above and luckily it appears our bosses do.

Same.

I'm trying to not sound entitled here, no trophy is 'ours' to give away, and we have no given right to win them, especially the league.

But if we could win the PL with Palmer McAtee and Bobb being meaningful parts of the team, and nothing else this season, I'd bite your hand off. Over winning a couple of cups with another 100m+ spent on new players and shipping them out. It might mean being stronger the following seasons as well.

But if it would mean not winning the league, maybe even with picking up a cup, sorry not for me, if they are good enough they'll find their way back into the team eventually.

Got to remember, Palmer and Lewis have 3 medals each from last seasom, Palmer might even have 4. So it is not like they aren't already edging the side.
The complexities of being a fan.

This will be a surprise signing for me as i cannot recall ever seeing him play.

Seems he is a wonderful,but inconsistent,and very raw talent.

How does he compare to the lad we have just released,Borges?
Borges thrives on space ahead of him whilst zipping quick passes in the box when he has the chances, Doku is one who will work with whatever space with the ball at his feet.

More of dribbler, and uses his weaker foot better.

In the box, Borges is the better finisher while Doku causes mayhem in general.

At this moment in time, I wouldn’t compare them (want to see how Borges does at Ajax first) as I’d still be biased towards Borges (we both know I like Borges).

Nonetheless, similar-ish profile - pace, direct, will get you off your seat, loads to work on.

Borges thrives on space ahead of him whilst zipping quick passes in the box when he has the chances, Doku is one who will work with whatever space with the ball at his feet.

More of dribbler, and uses his weaker foot better.

In the box, Borges is the better finisher while Doku causes mayhem in general.

At this moment in time, I wouldn’t compare them (want to see how Borges does at Ajax first) as I’d still be biased towards Borges (we both know I like Borges).

Nonetheless, similar-ish profile - pace, direct, will get you off your seat, loads to work on.
Carlos Forbs now.

The complexities of being a fan.

You don't say.

And that's without the economics of a transfer, the legalities of a cas verdict, the fenestration of a new stand-hotel facade, the choice of shade and neckline of a kit, the viscosity of the gravy in the stadium pies, geometry of offiside lines, or Pep's use of substitutions even coming into it!

Think it may also be Pep and his team that regard him higher than a young Mancunian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.