Jermaine Jenas sacked by the BBC

its impossible to say just how inappropriate or not the text messages from Jenas were.
Not that it has stopped numerous people here (and elsewhere) deciding he is guilty without knowing any details. To all those that have decided his guilt - I hope nothing like that happens to you
As a side - I was at a company 20+ years ago and someone sent me a video of Volvo new air bags. It was women’s tits appearing as a joke that the drivers head went into. I forwarded it to a few
Next thing some random person complained and they started going through everyone who had forwarded it and if you were a contractor (like me) you were sacked and permies were suspended.
I was on server 8. They started at server 1 and meticulously went through everyone who had forwarded it server by server. I waited to get the “call”. Then, fortunately at server 5 the Chief Execs email address appeared on the list.. At that point they stopped the witch hunt saying “a lesson has been learnt”.

I don't understand these posts where people create irrelevant points, presumably just to try and look contrarian and superior.

The fact is they were still attempting to cover up that abhorrent historic behaviour only 12 years ago.. until they had no choice and were forced to come clean.

And they certainly didn't act as swiftly and decisively with Huw Edwards which certainly wasn't 12 years ago.

As I said, given the self-righteous hollier than thou attitude and ultra woke ideology that the BBC portrays and attempts to indoctrinate and impose upon those who are stupid enough to consume any of its content, its impossible to say just how inappropriate or not the text messages from Jenas were.
All the BBC did in relation to Huw Edwards is follow contemporary HR policies and the law. However, that's still a smoking gun for people who are obsessed with 'woke ideology' whatever the fuck that is.

I think the poster you're responding to's point is that - despite having uber-woke 'HR policies from 2024' - the BBC as an organisation seems to be attractive to - and have more than its fair share of - nonces and ne'er-do-wells. They're runnimg at a rate of almost one per month at the mo.

Does that help?
can you describe some of these "uber woke" HR policies?

It mainly does my head in because for about 99% of people who speak like that, it's completely fake. I used to go out with someone from London who said she used to speak like that, then she grew out of it. If you're not from a Caribbean background and you speak like that, you might as well black up to complete the effect.
I hate it when people today talk with a fake accent, like they're from the Caribbean.... why? Does it sound cool or something? By all means have regional accents, I quite like most of them but these "forced" accents are stupid and very immature IMO. Clinton Morrison annoys the hell out of me but I can accept that that is probably his natural way of speaking. Not a great example for our children.

can you describe some of these "uber woke" HR policies?
Thanks for the offer, but I think that's inevitably going to take a thread about the Beeb sacking Jermaine Jenas somewhat off topic.
The politics sub forum has loads of threads where woke-minded authoritarian types can parade their orthodoxies - give one of those a go if that's yr bag.

I hate it when people today talk with a fake accent, like they're from the Caribbean.... why? Does it sound cool or something? By all means have regional accents, I quite like most of them but these "forced" accents are stupid and very immature IMO. Clinton Morrison annoys the hell out of me but I can accept that that is probably his natural way of speaking. Not a great example for our children.
Never forget Joey Barton with that stupid Spanish accent (what a pillock)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.