Jerome Boateng

could be a wonderful signing. I think overall he's probably just as technically gifted as Vinnie, but more aggressive in the tackle, stronger, quicker.

The northern european mob are strictly business, De Jong and Vinnie have always concentrated on showing their commitment on the pitch. I trust them more than several of the supposed home-grown stars. Hopefully this guy has the same attitude.

Super news, darlings! Simply delightful!

I do worry about the defence sometimes, so it's reassuring to see us picking up a talented young versatile defender. Hopefully he will blossom at Eastlands and become a City mainstay. I think that's something we can benefit from: continuity in the squad.

Of course, we all prefer City to play attacking football, but I don't think that should be at the expense of a solid back four.

Welcome, JB!

the question i want answered though is coming as a center half or right back?

i know his natural position is center half but has been playing right back but would he really come if he had serious competition between kompany, lescott and toure??

Anyone been to the Rag board? lol turmoil

About time. This has been dragging on for ages.

Also, it seems crazy went spend the same on Smalling!!!

Why [do you say Boateng is better than Smalling]?

Errr, because Boateng is better!

He's of similar age to Smalling and is a first teamer for Hamburg, has nearly 100 games under his belt, including CL experience and is a German international. Smalling has a pitiful 13 games for Fulham and was backup to Hughes and Hangeland.

loooool

I think he'll play right back, unless we sign Maicon as well which I can't see happening. You notice he said Mancini convinced him the move was right. Is it just me that feels more confident in Bobby at selling the club and ideas than Garry Cook?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.