Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well enough in the first half when De Bruyne and him had a lot of space due to Hazard and Costa playing proper striker when we were with the ball. With the Matic sub it changed and without space he was a bit meh. But I guess Zaba or Sagna would have hardly played better. Hopefully we'll have a new RB and Maffeo as our choices next year.

Judge him against hull, its not fair to be to harsh on him, first week in a new role and up against Sanchez and Hazard give the man a break, next week will be able to see if he's actually learning, if he is learning and developing he could turn out to be a decent right back.

As far as I know, he's never played fullback in his life and in the span of three days went up directly against two of the ten best players in the entire world. And that I find extremely commendable. The type of trier we'd love if our target these days weren't trophies.

It's a shame our manager didn't think to replace Arsenal's full backs from 10 years ago and Navas wouldn't be in the team.

He looked great in the confeds cup the year he signed. He is not a bad player but he isnt great and that unfortunately is the issue. He just does not do enough whether it be beating his man, scoring or putting in a decent cross.

Pep tested him tonight in that position but he will be gone come the summer unless he wants to play back-up player on the bench

So I see no o e has any specific problem with his game today. Just their general dislike in their heads. Good to know.

So I see no o e has any specific problem with his game today. Just their general dislike in their heads. Good to know.

I have a specific problem that he is a nothing player, a complete non-entity. If he is our best right back we are in deep shit, but we knew that already. He can't attack and he can't defend, he's just there. Only positive I can say is that he's a better option than that play it safe, responsibility shirker Sagna. Hardly a glowing reference.

He tries, he just isn't very good. He did ok yesterday and I wouldn't really have a problem with him being right-back for the rest of the season

Im going to defend him here and every other player we have out wide right now in that we have no height and we have no midfield runners busting a gut to get in the box and for a side that plays with the pace and width we do its criminal.

Each and every time on both flanks a player has to stop and cut it back inside because no body is in the box!

Im not saying he is the answer because i dont believe he is. He is a good player but not great but i feel for our wide men at times.

I doubt Navas is good enough for what Pep is looking for in a right back.
BUT [and it's a big BUT], Navas has done a fantastic job vs Arsenal and Chelsea i.e. Sanchez and Hazard. Without forgetting going foreword whenever possible. For someone who has never played right back before and has hardly played any games before he was put in vs Arsenal, that to me is some achievement.
It typifies Navas the player. Great professional, great squad player, always gives his all, but not good enough for where we wanna be to claim a regular starting place. As a squad player I would have no problems him staying around, but for the player himself it's better to move on or back to Sevilla. If he does I will look back at how he performed and state he has been worth the transferkitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.