Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done well in the last few games, and put in some good crosses today. Pretty sure he'll go in the summer, but you can't fault his effort. Think he'll play a lot more this season.

He's done well in the last few games, and put in some good crosses today. Pretty sure he'll go in the summer, but you can't fault his effort. Think he'll play a lot more this season.

Head height cross too!
Buzzy little bugger actually fits into a Pep team quite well, maybe that's why he's still here?

Ha ha the poster who said he can't remember the last time he assisted a goal or contributed anything obviously hasn't seen a lot of City as navas nearly has as many assists for city as David silva so go figure

Ha ha the poster who said he can't remember the last time he assisted a goal or contributed anything obviously hasn't seen a lot of City as navas nearly has as many assists for city as David silva so go figure

That was me. Heres the stats that back my statement up.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/9446/Show/Jesús-Navas

Be interested to see the stats that back your claim up.

That said he had a good game yesterday. So credit where credit is due.

By the way i go to every home game so watch us quite a bit.

Makes such a differenc having someone who won't just knock it back inside to a cb or cm, creates so much more space to atack into, has held his own defensively too.
I can't wait to see the difference in Sterling and Sané next season with two reliable full backs behind them that can provide good attacking support - they'll be harder to double/triple up on and won't have to be so wary of losing the ball.

I know he gets some shit but he had a good game yesterday and illustrates the potential of having decent attacking full-backs.

Some of his recent crossing has actually been quite impressive.

While he's not our long term solution, all credit to a lad who works hard for City.

I wouldn't be surprised if Navas fits into Guardiola's plans. He's (Navas) tactically excellent, can defend as well as most, rarely loses the ball, and is good (but no great) going forward. Another very good game yesterday - well done, Jesus!

That was me. Heres the stats that back my statement up.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/9446/Show/Jesús-Navas

Be interested to see the stats that back your claim up.

That said he had a good game yesterday. So credit where credit is due.

By the way i go to every home game so watch us quite a bit.

Ha, ha, ha. Nice link; from there you can quickly look at both players' histories and note that over his career Silva has played c. 23k minutes and provided 80 assists and Navas has played under 21k minutes and assisted 61 times. Well done.

Navas is not on Silva's level as a footballer but is much underrated. I really should collect some of my own posts so I don't end up rewriting things like this. Navas does fail to deliver the final ball too often to be in the top rank of players but part of the reason he doesn't is because opponets worked hard to close him down and they have to work hard to do so and get stretched by his presence. He is also often let down by a lack of targets because City perpetually fail to get numbers in the box - something Pep needs to address. Yesterday Navas got several good crosses in because he had a bit more space coming forward from full back. It wasn't some fluke that he did so, it was down to the manager using him in an intelligent way.

Ha, ha, ha. Nice link; from there you can quickly look at both players' histories and note that over his career Silva has played c. 23k minutes and provided 80 assists and Navas has played under 21k minutes and assisted 61 times. Well done.

Navas is not on Silva's level as a footballer but is much underrated. I really should collect some of my own posts so I don't end up rewriting things like this. Navas does fail to deliver the final ball too often to be in the top rank of players but part of the reason he doesn't is because opponets worked hard to close him down and they have to work hard to do so and get stretched by his presence. He is also often let down by a lack of targets because City perpetually fail to get numbers in the box - something Pep needs to address. Yesterday Navas got several good crosses in because he had a bit more space coming forward from full back. It wasn't some fluke that he did so, it was down to the manager using him in an intelligent way.

He had more space yesterday as Hull were very narrow. But when he looks up he also puts better balls into the box he did that yesterday as he had more time. So yesterday he had a good game, but is he on the same level as Sane or Sterling? Not even close. Or Roberts? I would even class Sancho ahead of him at his young age.

All that said, for those that think Navas was or is the quality of player we need at City you are surely deluded. We will never get to the level we want with the likes of him in the side. He works hard but his end product is generally bang average. Sure defend him as a hard working City player but dont pretend he anything other than than just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.