Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had more space yesterday as Hull were very narrow. But when he looks up he also puts better balls into the box he did that yesterday as he had more time. So yesterday he had a good game, but is he on the same level as Sane or Sterling? Not even close. Or Roberts? I would even class Sancho ahead of him at his young age.

All that said, for those that think Navas was or is the quality of player we need at City you are surely deluded. We will never get to the level we want with the likes of him in the side. He works hard but his end product is generally bang average. Sure defend him as a hard working City player but dont pretend he anything other than than just that.

He is and has been a good squad player who had enough quality to help set up the winning goal in the World Cup Final and score a clincher in the League Cup Final so you are simply wrong if you don't think we can win things with him in the squad. Navas is not where the fundamental problems in this squad lie but he probably won't be it next year.

And his career assists measure up quite well to Silva's...

I've always had a soft spot for him,one thing i want more than anything is effort and he always gives that,he is not the most talented player but for the money he cost he has done ok

He is and has been a good squad player who had enough quality to help set up the winning goal in the World Cup Final and score a clincher in the League Cup Final so you are simply wrong if you don't think we can win things with him in the squad. Navas is not where the fundamental problems in this squad lie but he probably won't be it next year.

And his career assists measure up quite well to Silva's...

We shall just have to agree to dissagree on this one. You like him fair enough and based on your praise would no doubt want City to extend his contract?? I dont rate him. Lets see whether our manager rates him and he stays with us this summer. Cheers

Hasn't he enrolled his kid in a Spanish school for next year? Really don't think he's staying regardless of doing a makeshift job at RB.

I don't think he will be here next season because I suspect he wants to go home but he is doing very well in an unaccustomed position. Brings the ball out well passing accurately and has actually created chances. I like him.

Is there no middle ground with players for some fans, do they have to be great or shite?

I think he's been a pretty useful player for us. Important in our last title win good pace, rarely looses possession, always works hard but doesn't always provide the best crosses and a poor finisher.
Now he's in his thirties and as part of an ageing squad and not being in the very first rank probably time to day good bye but to do so with thanks.

We shall just have to agree to dissagree on this one. You like him fair enough and based on your praise would no doubt want City to extend his contract?? I dont rate him. Lets see whether our manager rates him and he stays with us this summer. Cheers

Actually, I'd let him go in the summer. Just as I would all the out of contract players go, apart from Yaya. In Navas case, there are young players who might be able to take his place. However, if Pep decided to keep him, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Actually, I'd let him go in the summer. Just as I would all the out of contract players go, apart from Yaya. In Navas case, there are young players who might be able to take his place. However, if Pep decided to keep him, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

OB1. Sorry but that doesnt quite equate for me. You rate him but not enough to keep him? Surely that means you actually dont rate him ?[/QUOTE]

I've always had a soft spot for him,one thing i want more than anything is effort and he always gives that,he is not the most talented player but for the money he cost he has done ok

He's got at least as much talent as Sterling IMO. This is a player who played in a WC Final for arguably the best squad in WC history.

I love him for this alone:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.