Jesus Navas

Loved Navas, I thought he brought a lot, he might have even been a good Pep player. His time with us though coincided with Pellers and as much as I like Pellegrini he didnt inspire great football and I think Navas was wasted to a degree.

Was great in his first season. Pellegrini possibly made all of our players worst by his second season. Don’t agree that he was bang average. He was a useful player, but not quite top standard. His record though speaks for itself.

It soon became obvious that after his first season he lost confidence and too often stopped and cut back playing an easy pass rather than getting to the byline, surely as a winger that’s not what you do every time your in possession and I don’t believe the manager advised him to do this. It was a lack of confidence nothing else.
I dont think it was lack of confidence why he cut back often, IMO it was because there was rarely anyone in the box to cross to.

I don't think Pellegrini was a bad manager, I just think he lost his way a bit my with what city wanted him to be, in the end this tranferred itself over to the players and we lost our way a little.

As said earlier, I was delighted to witness his goal at Wembley. It would be nice to give him a clap if we play Seville again soon. I loved the fact he was a really down to earth guy, with his little car and the fact that he regularly took his family for tea to the Mersey Farm on Carrington Lane!

seemed a nice lad but just used to put his head down and run into dead ends and he couldn't cross for shit, Nolito was a much better player.

Not a bad career for "bang average":

633 Senior appearances

2 - UEFA Cups
2 - Copa del Reys,
1 - European Supercup
1 - Spanish Supercup
1 - World Cup Winners medal

1 Premier League Win
2 League Cups

Yep, Tom knows best as always....

That's a cracking CV maybe we should buy him?

Do you want me to list Nanis achievements? He was bang average for us, ran his bollocks off yes but his end product and his return in terms of numbers was very poor. We are past the point of "trying" being enough. Good luck to him and I am glad he is doing well he seems a nice guy.

It’s a shame that some still have to slag him off even now he has left, suppose its gives Gundogan Jesus Walker and Mendy a break

So once they leave you can only say good things? That Lee Bradbury was a cracking player wasn't he.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.