2 - UEFA Cups
2 - Copa del Reys,
1 - European Supercup
1 - Spanish Supercup
1 - World Cup Winners medal

1 Premier League Win
2 League Cups

Yep, Tom knows best as always....

Team achievements are one of the worst ways possible to judge individual quality. Lots of average players have won loads of trophies. Example:

Wes Brown:

5 - Premier League
2 - FA Cup
2 - League Cup
2 - Community Shield
2 - Champions League
1 - Club World Cup

I'm not one to slag off ex or current City players but Navas was an incredibly average player. Europa League was and is about his level.

He literally went 100 Premier League games without a goal for us. Yes, ONE HUNDRED PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES. With about 95% of those playing in the front 3 at City.

On a scale of 0-10 where 0 means absolutely terrified and 10 means extremely confident:

How were your emotions when Navas walked towards the goal for his penalty v Liverpool at Wembley?
I just watched a replay of the pens in that game,and their goalie was so close to saving everyone of our 4 pens that day ,even our first pen taken by fern that hit the post he went the right way and nearly got to it,what a day.

Do you want me to list Nanis achievements?

Why? Do you know them off by heart? Chortle. Seriously, though, no.

On a scale of 0-10 where 0 means absolutely terrified and 10 means extremely confident:

How were your emotions when Navas walked towards the goal for his penalty v Liverpool at Wembley?

9. I had seen him score one convincingly for Spain in the Confederations Cup.

Good lad was Jesus Navas. I liked his work ethic and discipline, plus his positional sense when we didn't have the ball. I'd buy him a pint.

Why? Do you know them off by heart? Chortle. Seriously, though, no.

9. I had seen him score one convincingly for Spain in the Confederations Cup.

Good lad was Jesus Navas. I liked his work ethic and discipline, plus his positional sense when we didn't have the ball. I'd buy him a pint.

Not off by heart no, but I know if you listed his achievements and not which player it was everyone would think it was very impressive, probably think it was one of the top players of the last ten years. Instead it is the achievements of a player that somehow found himself in some great teams. Basically it isn't a barometer of a players level. O'Shea, Brown Fletcher etc will also back that up.

If people want to defend Navas (strangely) then fill your boots, don't use what he has won as a reason to back it up though.

I always thought he was just a shite James Milner. Always gave everything he had but his quality or lack of it was plain to see. Not sure he would have made the professional ranks without his speed.

I always thought he was just a shite James Milner. Always gave everything he had but his quality or lack of it was plain to see. Not sure he would have made the professional ranks without his speed.

The man has a World Cup Winners medal ffs..

And although some on here won't like hearing it, he had a bigger contribution in that World Cup than Silva.

That isn't a string to Navas' bow, both did virtually nothing. Might as well compare the contributions of Foden and Diaz to City's first team last year. Only difference is Silva was one of Spain's best players when they won Euro 2008 and 2012, Navas never did anything of note for Spain.

Only reason Navas got into the Spain squad at all is because despite the quality Spain had in virtually every position in that era, the wide areas were the one area where they lacked top class players. Silva got shoehorned into the team in wide positions a lot at the time because of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.