Jesus Navas

That isn't a string to Navas' bow, both did virtually nothing. Might as well compare the contributions of Foden and Diaz to City's first team last year. Only difference is Silva was one of Spain's best players when they won Euro 2008 and 2012, Navas never did anything of note for Spain.

Only reason Navas got into the Spain squad at all is because despite the quality Spain had in virtually every position in that era, the wide areas were the one area where they lacked top class players. Silva got shoehorned into the team in wide positions a lot at the time because of it.
Didn't he put in the cross that assisted the goal to win the world cup or the euro's?

No, he started the attack in the WC final though.
That must be what i was thinking
I don't know why people have a go at him,both raz and him under mp had to pass it back to the fullback,he was twice the player back at seville and he had to get over severe anxiety to move over here,he did alright in my book

I always thought he was just a shite James Milner. Always gave everything he had but his quality or lack of it was plain to see. Not sure he would have made the professional ranks without his speed.
Not disagreeing - he was average especially when you look at our wingers now - but Pelligrini’s tactics didn’t help - how many times did our wingers get beyond defenders only to find Sergio was only City player in the box surrounded by 6 defenders - it was the same in the CL semi v Real Madrid - a few minutes to go a goal required and nobody in the opposition box - our attacks now usually feature 3/4 or even 5 City players in or around the box - but Pelligrini was always just keeping the seat warm for Pep - that was obvious even in his first season and the same could be said about Navas - stop gap until we got Sterling and Leroy

Team achievements are one of the worst ways possible to judge individual quality. Lots of average players have won loads of trophies. Example:

Wes Brown:

5 - Premier League
2 - FA Cup
2 - League Cup
2 - Community Shield
2 - Champions League
1 - Club World Cup

I'm not one to slag off ex or current City players but Navas was an incredibly average player. Europa League was and is about his level.

He literally went 100 Premier League games without a goal for us. Yes, ONE HUNDRED PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES. With about 95% of those playing in the front 3 at City.
Correct. It’s something Yanks do to tell you who’s better than who. It doesn’t make any sense. It’s a daft way to judge how good someone is.

Well he is the captain of Sevilla now instead of other players like Banega, still wanna slag him off? Albeit I don't much approve of it, stays true to his roots honoring his good friend Puerta wearing 16.

I do believe he simply had his mind on seeing his contract out after the first season

No, he started the attack in the WC final though.

That must be what i was thinking
I don't know why people have a go at him,both raz and him under mp had to pass it back to the fullback,he was twice the player back at seville and he had to get over severe anxiety to move over here,he did alright in my book

No, he didn't start in the WC final. Clutching at straws.

He was and is the same average player at Sevilla, he just doesn't look as out of place because that's his level.

Well he is the captain of Sevilla now instead of other players like Banega, still wanna slag him off? Albeit I don't much approve of it, stays true to his roots honoring his good friend Puerta wearing 16.

I do believe he simply had his mind on seeing his contract out after the first season

Gary Neville was captain at United for years. Not indicative of a player's ability in the slightest.

Fair play to him honouring his old teammate but again, what does that have to do with his playing ability? No one's said he doesn't seem like a nice bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.