"jibbing" it into grounds

Had a dodgy season ticket book at maine rd for two years running no seat but had a ticket book for the north stand! think I only paid £50 per year, never got stopped.

did a good one at stoke in 76-77 I think ran at the turnstyle, straight over , into the arms of a copper, grabbed me by the hair and hoofed me out with a boot up the arse. wembley 76 climbed a rope out of one of the windows, at least 30 feet up, managed to pull myself inside the window that was about 12-18 inches wide and dropped a good 12 foot onto the floor got up and tried to run as a copper came from downstairs and one came from upstairs to grab me, as one of the coppers kicked me out he said good try mate that was one of the best, still managed to get in 15 mins from the end though.
does anyone reading this remember seeing me climb that rope?

Re: We used to jib the special most weeks

sktooblue said:
Remember consecutive seasons getting to Southend and Torquay for mid-week LC ties - absolutely gratis. Used to smuggle loads of booze on & we'd all get holed up in a toilet - it was like being in the Circus Tavern!! Remember invading the pitch from the Southend end when we scored.........only to find it was disallowed - spent the rest of the game in the cells! At least they let us go without charging us at the end of the game.

Was at both these games. Pissed myself at the drunk invading pitch for disallowed goal at Southend and recounted tale many times. City drink induced folklore.

blusmiff said:
does anyone remember busting the big gates open at the away end at oldham?. mid eighties i think. thousands just walked in, i think it was the same game as the mass pitch invasion, or should i say full ground invasion.

yeah i went over the wall and ended up in the seats opposite the dug outs when an oldham fan came down the row and said i was in his seat...unfortunately as i pointed out to him his seat was actually on the pitch.. he decided to disappear sharpish then lol

In the early 80's City used to do unemployed reductions on production of a dole card for the Kippax.

Didn't have a season ticket that year but worked in the right place.

A couple of times at oxfords manor ground,the walkway behind the away end had a wall probably 6 ft high,scrambled up and into a back garden then over a 3ft wall into the home section dead easy.The first time i did it i got into the ground too early,sat in a shed in the home end that contained weights and gym equipment after a while got fed up and sat in the seats next to the away end(i was the only one in the ground).I was approached by a steward who asked to see my ticket(all ticket game)who then threw me out.Not to be put off i went around the ground again and 20 mins before the start cleared the walls again and went to the steward on the gate asking to be let into the away end who was the one that kicked me out 1hr previous,he asked for my ticket and was told i must have lost it so he had to let me through to the city fans knowing i had again got in for nothing(pmsl).No great story but got into notts.county by going over the turnstyles in the early 80`s(if only my mum knew what i got up to!!!)

johnmc said:
Went to Wigan away in the play-offs in 99. I had a ticket myself but was stood on the terraces when there was a big roar and about 50 blues had started charging in over the back of the stand.

Kicked off after the game all the way back to the train station. There were houses just outside the ground, police vans were parked down the middle with wigan on one side and city the other - people were picking up the plant pots out of peoples gardens and lobbing them over the vans at each other.

It was no more than forty but im not telling you how i know as im a good boy now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards
Peely

A few years ago I used to get the train to away games and there was always these 2 brothers i used to run into from Gorton, the youngest was only about 14.

They used to get everywhere for free. One of them would even stop the drinks cart outside the bog and the other one would be crouched down behind the door nicking cans of cider from the bottom shelf of the trolley!

Anyway, we were going to leeds away midweek, and have seen them on the train, Theyve got no ticket and are planning to jib in. We get off the train and go for a beer in town, get to the game, and go to our seats and whos sat in em? These 2 brothers from Gorton

Cheeky twats but you have to be in their game

is not about me but this season at stoke there was a lad who one of my mates knew and with money abit tight decided not to get a ticket and just pushed in with someone, there was also someone i knew who waited til a kid was going in and hed pick him up and use his ticket and carry him in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.