Jim Tolmie

was in a curry house in Rusholme one friday night after the clubs closed , about 2.30 am, in walks Jim Tolmie absolutely scuttered he was, let on to him but he could barely stand up, he then set about a massive curry & anothrer couple of lagers. Thought , bloody hell jim you should look after yourself a bit better when you`re out injured. Next day at maine rd the team run out and you guessed it out trots Jim Tolmie, he was fucking playing, couldnt believe it ! played well as well.

I seem to remember he scored an absolute screamer from nigh on the half way line against Charlton (I think - could be wrong) at Maine Road - he hit it on the half volley and it flew in, it dipped on its way and hit the bottom corner of the net.

Apart from liking a drink he couldn't resist a bet either. You could find him at Belle Vue dogs on any Saturday night wearing an old, beaten up mac blowing his money with the bookies. Great player though and he brings back fond memories of those years.

Bloody ell Jim Tolmie
Remember going to Carlisle away in the league
Missed a penalty that was a joke, my cat could have saved it and I ain't got a cat.
Anybody else remember it?

Salford_Blue said:
Eggsy said:
He was one of City's better players in the 80s, remember he scored against Shrewsbury away in 84 when we won 1 - 3 my first away game without Uncle with my mates.

I also used to like Jim Melrose remember him scoring a great goal against Notts County at Maine Road from more or less the half way line.

Still remains my favourite City goal to this day. I was in the North Stand behind Jim McDonagh when that went in...amazing goal.
To be fair you probably got a better view than me, as we were in the opposite end sat on the Platt Lane wooden benches.

Eggsy said:
Salford_Blue said:
Eggsy said:
He was one of City's better players in the 80s, remember he scored against Shrewsbury away in 84 when we won 1 - 3 my first away game without Uncle with my mates.

I also used to like Jim Melrose remember him scoring a great goal against Notts County at Maine Road from more or less the half way line.

Still remains my favourite City goal to this day. I was in the North Stand behind Jim McDonagh when that went in...amazing goal.
To be fair you probably got a better view than me, as we were in the opposite end sat on the Platt Lane wooden benches.

Was in the Platt Lane that day as well, remember vividly a pause because we were so far away and "nobody" scores from that distance before we all reacted to the goal.

one of my heroes,for different reasons i think the 80s were the best years to go and watch the blues,and ive been going since 68

ChippyPerthBlue said:
Eggsy said:
Salford_Blue said:

Was in the Platt Lane that day as well, remember vividly a pause because we were so far away and "nobody" scores from that distance before we all reacted to the goal.
I remember that pause too, it was very surreal when the goal flew in. Wish it would have been televised and I seem to remember it was our very own Dave Watson marking Jim Melrose that day. My favourite ever City goal.

Stamford Bridge 1983. Chelsea 0 City 1. Jim Tolmie Free Kick and it was on Match of the Day so there must be a You Tube clip somewhere.

Every man for himself after the game. Both matches.against Chelsea that season were scary experiences.

Tolmie also played in the 5-1 promotion game gainst Charlton. He hardly featured all season, but City were struggling with injuries.

BornLate58 said:
Bloody ell Jim Tolmie
Missed a penalty that was a joke, my cat could have saved it and I ain't got a cat.

Yes,came back from Menorca with my girlfriend from Liverpool(you know the one) and whisked her off to Carlisle that morning,stayed in a tent on the way back in horrendous weather,trying to keep 2 things up at once was a nightmare!

BornLate58 said:
Bloody ell Jim Tolmie

Yep , i was there too ......

we haven't really played much at Carlisle , which is just as well , because it's not been a good ground for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.