Jimmy Grimble ....

love love love that film, identify a lot with jimmy too :)

i'm in it btw - and no i don't mean the 30000 people in the match scene where you briefly see the crowd when ray winstone takes them to a proper match, i mean jimmys cup final at the end, i can see myself when jimmy trudges off at half time - what fun eh ;) (seriously, though, it was fun actually!!!! They advertsied for fans to turn up as extras and about 100 of us did)

My wife and son were in it. At the time think my son was about 10 and loved acting and City and made his mother take him. She had a bad hangover so was missing from some of the shots as she was being ill.
If I remember right the day they filmed the crowd scenes City were playing away at Sheffield United
Good film, brings back good memories.

BluePurgatory said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
I thought there was to be a large concrete ball on the centre spot

-- Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:06 pm --

Which school was it?
The School was Wright Robinson in higher Openshaw. There was some great shots of the old Manchester landmarks, Queens Park Cemetry in Harpurhey, Victoria Square in Ancoats and the sky line of the CIS building from Red bank and not forgeting the Fairfield pub near Piccadilly station.

No, the school where he gets beaten up at and you see the gates to is Hulme Grammar in Oldham. And the home games are on the main pitch there and also on a second pitch round the corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.