Jimmy Grimble ....

Agreed about the remake, would be much better if city scouted everywhere for a kid (who is a blue) to play the role.
Maybe even an already academy prospect?

Filming at the Campus, maybe he gets to go to St. Bedes with a private education? hahaha dunno who the bully would be then.. Maybe Devante Cole?

I recently showed this film to my partners kids (7 & 6) and they loved it, although they were quite baffled as to why it was filmed at MR.
Yes I've since taken them down there and had a gander, not much to see though :(

Agreed about the remake, would be much better if city scouted everywhere for a kid (who is a blue) to play the role.

Filming at the Campus, maybe he gets to go to St. Bedes with a private education? hahaha dunno who the bully would be then.. Maybe Devante Cole?

I recently showed this film to my partners kids (7 & 6) and they loved it, although they were quite baffled as to why it was filmed at MR.
Yes I've since taken them down there and had a gander, not much to see though :(
The wall and the big blue sliding door platt lane/kippax was still up last time I went

Well it needed to be filmed at Maine Road, it was central to the story and pre-dated the City of Manchester Stadium. I think from a social hostory point of view, it has captured that period of time very well.
"Where were you when you were sh!t?"
"At the flicks watching Jimmy Grimble without any knowledge of what Champions League football was."

Bollocks to a remake part of its appeal was the loyalty of a fan supporting a shite team!

we have all BEEN guilt of that :-)

Exactly it is great at the time, it shown what being a city fan was, being outnumbered in school, took the piss out of, city being shit and united winning everything. If it was re made and based on now it would be bobbins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.