Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Posted in the milner striker thread.
Spoke to james on Sunday after the match .asked him had he signed his new deal yet and would he be he replied "its down to the club " .interperate that how you want ?

chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
If these so called business men that have struck all these commercial deals, and worked wonders since they have walked through our door, have been led up the garden path by James Milner, then more fool them. Like i said before employees have been shafted before by our club, namely Hughes even tho he was dross, so less of the double standards.

Are you related to Milner or do you just have a very low opinion of the club you support? I could give less of a fuck what happened to Hughes (or Mancini) because they both walked away with huge severance packages. These "so called business men" are charged with doing what is best for MCFC, and as such they should have our unwavering support rather than some mercenary twat who's prepared to drive up the road to play for a rival whilst the club lose out on a big transfer fee.

This is about money for Milner, but it's also about money for MCFC. As you can see from the separate conversation being had about the FFP sanctions, every 10 million counts if you've got net spend sanctions.

In that case, why didn't we look to ship him out in the summer rather than 'risk' losing him for nothing this summer.

You will find that most match going fans love Milner, and will wish him all the best wherever he goes, as he has been nothing but professional on and off the pitch.

The reason you have given is that we 'took his word for it', well im sorry but that just isn't enough. Yes he has had game time this season, but its mainly been because he has been one of our most consistent performers so far, its not just some gimmick so that the club can some how get him to sign a new deal.

I agree the club should have my support, and they do. If they had chose to get rid in the summer it wouldn't have bothered me one bit, we would have got upwards of £15 million and would have been able to replace him. But given the situation the club is in now, its no fault but their own IMO, they have left it to the 11th hour to either get him to sign a deal or to get rid this January, otherwise he will go on a free.

In fact even if we were to choose to sell him in January we would struggle to get £15 million, the club should have sold him in the summer, at least that way Milner wouldn't have been able to show these mercanary tendancies.

Your whole argument falls down because the player could not be sold last summer.

He did not want to be sold (because he knew the landscape was about to change in his favour)

He also knew that no club was willing to pay a transfer fee on top of £90k a week wages.

You are perhaps doing City a disservice. Same principle applies, we can bid £100m for Kaka, but if he doesn't want to come...

We have been trying to sell Scott Fucking Sinclair for nigh on 18 months.

What do you think it is that stops this being realised?

That's right, the player, himself!!

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
In that case, why didn't we look to ship him out in the summer rather than 'risk' losing him for nothing this summer.

Because he told them that if he played more football he'd stay and sign a contract. They were also in the unenviable position of having transfer sanctions limiting their spend, so losing a player important to the first team squad was never going to be a good thing when signing a replacement wasn't possible.

You will find that most match going fans love Milner, and will wish him all the best wherever he goes, as he has been nothing but professional on and off the pitch.

You'll find you aren't the appointed mouthpiece for the match going fans, and notwithstanding that, since most of the match going fans thought sacking Mancini was tantamount to returning to the days of "Typical City", that the match going fans aren't a barometer for what is the right or wrong decision for City.

The reason you have given is that we 'took his word for it', well im sorry but that just isn't enough. Yes he has had game time this season, but its mainly been because he has been one of our most consistent performers so far, its not just some gimmick so that the club can some how get him to sign a new deal.

I've no idea what that means. He wanted more game time. Club gave it to him. He hasn't signed a new deal. You think this is the club's fault? IMO that's bollocks.

I agree the club should have my support, and they do. If they had chose to get rid in the summer it wouldn't have bothered me one bit, we would have got upwards of £15 million and would have been able to replace him. But given the situation the club is in now, its no fault but their own IMO, they have left it to the 11th hour to either get him to sign a deal or to get rid this January, otherwise he will go on a free.

Again blaming the club for Milner being a liar is just ridiculous. I find your entire stance on this situation ridiculous. So we'll leave it there.

Billy don't confuse your opinion with everyone else's

I imagine I come into contact with match going blues a lot more often than you do, and the consensus on Milner is similar to mine. I'm not saying I am right but thats my opinion and it echoes a lot of others

You are the only person on this forum that has called Milner a mercenary, to me that speaks volumes

It's not the club's fault if he decides to move on and if he does sign for Liverpool on a free then I will not support the England national side at all (even if Hart is the first choice keeper).

chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:

Because he told them that if he played more football he'd stay and sign a contract. They were also in the unenviable position of having transfer sanctions limiting their spend, so losing a player important to the first team squad was never going to be a good thing when signing a replacement wasn't possible.

You'll find you aren't the appointed mouthpiece for the match going fans, and notwithstanding that, since most of the match going fans thought sacking Mancini was tantamount to returning to the days of "Typical City", that the match going fans aren't a barometer for what is the right or wrong decision for City.

I've no idea what that means. He wanted more game time. Club gave it to him. He hasn't signed a new deal. You think this is the club's fault? IMO that's bollocks.

Again blaming the club for Milner being a liar is just ridiculous. I find your entire stance on this situation ridiculous. So we'll leave it there.

Billy don't confuse your opinion with everyone else's

I imagine I come into contact with match going blues a lot more often than you do, and the consensus on Milner is similar to mine. I'm not saying I am right but thats my opinion and it echoes a lot of others

You are the only person on this forum that has called Milner a mercenary, to me that speaks volumes

Put the crack pipe down bud. You're confusing your own self important "i go to games and I know what everyone at the Etihad thinks" nonsense for the things I've posted. I'm not speaking for anyone but myself. You on the other hand are speaking for it seems our entire match going support base.

This whilst several grizzled season ticket holders are currently posting in this thread and calling Milner a twat if he leaves on a free to go to one of our rivals.

Tolmie, I heard a rumour about 2 months back and then again this past weekend, money is not an issue, club and Milner happy with the money offered, Milner has asked for a clause in the contract that stipulates starting a set amount of games (from what I gather this is league and champs league rather than cup), the club have baulked at this but he is holding firm, any truth in that you reckon? This has come from someone 'pro-Milner) who I have no reason to doubt, think the club and James probably know he has them over a barrel!

SiMCFC said:
Tolmie, I heard a rumour about 2 months back and then again this past weekend, money is not an issue, club and Milner happy with the money offered, Milner has asked for a clause in the contract that stipulates starting a set amount of games (from what I gather this is league and champs league rather than cup), the club have baulked at this but he is holding firm, any truth in that you reckon? This has come from someone 'pro-Milner) who I have no reason to doubt, think the club and James probably know he has them over a barrel!
This may tie in with his " its down to the club". comment on Sunday after the game

SiMCFC said:
Any player asking for a set amount of starting games in his contact should be moved on. If you're good enough then you'll play. I'm guessing that if he's asked for it, then he knows others have it in theirs?

malg said:
SiMCFC said:
Any player asking for a set amount of starting games in his contact should be moved on. If you're good enough then you'll play. I'm guessing that if he's asked for it, then he knows others have it in theirs?

More likely he's asking for something he knows he'll never get so he can turn around and say things like "City didn't want to keep me" or "they only wanted me to be a bit part player and I want to play".

SiMCFC said:

Has any manager/club ever agreed to a contract clause that guarantees a player a certain number of starts? I'm a big fan of Milner but the manager manages and the players play when selected. If he's going to Liverpool, I guess he thinks he'll be the new Gerrard and he may well be, but it's unlikely that he'll be acting out that particular role in the Champions League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.