João Félix

To be honest, if that was Sterling or Jesus, most of our fans would be saying he's not good enough & should be sold. Not saying we shouldn't be interested, but I'm struggling to see what Felix offers what we don't already have??? \0/

We need a goal scorer CDM & a left back more than more of what we've already got. Beware the shiny new thing.
He's a beast on Fifa / FM, so some fans are desperate to get him here.

Lodi, the left back for Athletic is nice.

That's said I think Joao Felix is extremely talented and a great fit for a possession based team like ours. However, I think we need more live wires that tidy players are the moment. We have enough tidy guys.

Love Felix, but his injury history gives me a little worry.
All depends upon the futures of Sterling, Mahrez, Silva and Jesus and the long term positional futures of Grealish and Foden.

If Felix is available and at 60m, for me we should be all over him, he is the perfect City and Pep player for me, and with a bit of luck and good guidance has the talent to be one of the very best.

Maybe Mahrez is to leave in summer? I'd be surprised because I expect him to get a new deal at some stage this season but clearly there's a hold up.

Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez would all be on a year deal after this season is that correct? If so I expect at least 2 of them to leave.

Much as I'd like the idea of Felix I'd like us to go for a speedy winger if we lose Raheem, having no pace in the side causes us lots of trouble, we used to be devastating on counters till 19/20.
Seems that is less to do with raw pace and more to do with pep not wanting to take any risks and conceding control of the ball. Composure more important for me too.

Which I suppose led to the departure of Sane, his dip in form, therefore a lack of game time, because we wanted to control the game more.

But the space we had back in them days has gone? Every team sits back with 10 men behind the ball and counters us when they can do no need for pace?

To be honest, if that was Sterling or Jesus, most of our fans would be saying he's not good enough & should be sold. Not saying we shouldn't be interested, but I'm struggling to see what Felix offers what we don't already have??? \0/

We need a goal scorer CDM & a left back more than more of what we've already got. Beware the shiny new thing.
He wouldn’t be a conventional striker but in terms of the system he would be incredible in this team, high 20s imo, much like the ruse of sterling who’s numbers are phenomenal by the way, however, he’d link up our attacks extremely effectively and I’d salivate at seeing him, Bernardo and Foden together, they’d run rings around teams, potentially having a collective of 50+ goals between them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.