Jo burns his bridges....

To me its something you read again and again, I'm sure Jo would like to not work with Hughes again and would sooner move and thats what he is fishing for, as alot of loan players feel as their time counts down. However, the one thing that he said that does ring true, I think if Hughes isn't there he will be playing for us next year.

mammutly said:
There's nothing in that article that slates City or Mark Hughes. The journalist is more or less just reporting what Jo said, he isn't even offering an opinion on it!
It's well written and puts the players side of things across clearly.

Some people have got just a bit paranoid about the press .

Mammutly I dont think its an outright attack on City mate, but i do think that basically it is a non story designed to show City/Hughes/Mansour in a bad light and something that taylor loves to do to City, go on his profile and look at his archive of stories about us, it proves its not paranoia. He wrote a load of tripe about the M*nich Anniversary derby last year. Taylor is making out that Jo has been on fire for everton and look how good he is havent city lost out on a great player, he hasnt, he scored two (one a last minute penalty on his debut with the game sewn up) on his first game and one since. I've a mate who's a season ticket holder at everton and he says he's p1ss poor. I actually think he could have been alright, his movement is good, nice touch etc but he doesnt seem to like the physical side, but thats the point in this case.

Also i do think that maybe Hughes could have dealt with things differently but i suspect there was more going on than just he didnt rate him. There was a lot of hints about the clique of brazilians at the start of the year which hughes needed to address, it seems he did that by shipping out jo.

I was fascinated by the comments about Moyes - suggesting that it's a family atmosphere with players encouraged to look after each other (rather than rip the piss -which is what I imagine is standard?)

Still, compare and contrast - during the England match they commented that Capello had never spoken to Martin O'Neill and Joe Cole said he hadn't heard a word since he got injured!

Guess we know which style Hughes prefers.

monk1976 said:
mammutly said:
There's nothing in that article that slates City or Mark Hughes. The journalist is more or less just reporting what Jo said, he isn't even offering an opinion on it!
It's well written and puts the players side of things across clearly.

Some people have got just a bit paranoid about the press .

Mammutly I dont think its an outright attack on City mate, but i do think that basically it is a non story designed to show City/Hughes/Mansour in a bad light and something that taylor loves to do to City, go on his profile and look at his archive of stories about us, it proves its not paranoia. He wrote a load of tripe about the M*nich Anniversary derby last year. Taylor is making out that Jo has been on fire for everton and look how good he is havent city lost out on a great player, he hasnt, he scored two (one a last minute penalty on his debut with the game sewn up) on his first game and one since. I've a mate who's a season ticket holder at everton and he says he's p1ss poor. I actually think he could have been alright, his movement is good, nice touch etc but he doesnt seem to like the physical side, but thats NOTthe point in this case.

Also i do think that maybe Hughes could have dealt with things differently but i suspect there was more going on than just he didnt rate him. There was a lot of hints about the clique of brazilians at the start of the year which hughes needed to address, it seems he did that by shipping out jo.

NOT, i meant NOT the case. Doh.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
To me its something you read again and again, I'm sure Jo would like to not work with Hughes again and would sooner move and thats what he is fishing for, as alot of loan players feel as their time counts down. However, the one thing that he said that does ring true, I think if Hughes isn't there he will be playing for us next year.

Oh so the fact he is useless will secure his future under another manager. What utter nonsense. Even if Hughes where to be sacked I am very sure that this clown will be no where near our club next season.

forevercity said:
There is a great player in there somewhere.......

Fairly sure that the "Jo eats lionel messi" story turned out to be an April Fool.

pissedagain said:
fair play jo is crap, but for hughes not to sit down with him and have a chat about what he wants off him etc is in my opinion shit management

Hughes to Jo " sorry we havent spoken before but as a proffessional footballer and playing as a striker if you could maybe play a bit and bag the odd goal that would be a great way to earn your wages, if it's not too much trouble"

Jo " oh sorry so your saying you dont want me to be constantly shit and uninterested, well you could have said earlier i feel like a right tit now."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.