Jo burns his bridges....

bluenova said:
forevercity said:
There is a great player in there somewhere.......

Fairly sure that the "Jo eats lionel messi" story turned out to be an April Fool.

PMSL.....probably the closest he'll come to being world class ha

pissedagain said:
fair play jo is crap, but for hughes not to sit down with him and have a chat about what he wants off him etc is in my opinion shit management

I can see why you would think this, in an isolated case. But there is a long list of managers that are distant from the players - indeed that treat (some of) them with a disdain that almost approaches total disgust! - who have been hugely successful. The cost of this is that the players that they don't rate (for whatever reason) often get given extremely short shrift. You can put Capello in this category; also, when they want to, Marcello Lippi, Fergie, and Mourinho.

What I would say is that, while Hughes clearly wasn't sympathetic to Jo, the other side to his not being pally with the players is that he doesn't hold a grudge: viz. Elano's return to the side. If Jo comes back and shows the right attitude, he will get in the side. That's more than you can say for many managers, who are extremely petty and put their egos first.

I wonder if everything will be so rosy at everton when they get their other strikers back.........me thinks not!!

bluepeter62 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
To me its something you read again and again, I'm sure Jo would like to not work with Hughes again and would sooner move and thats what he is fishing for, as alot of loan players feel as their time counts down. However, the one thing that he said that does ring true, I think if Hughes isn't there he will be playing for us next year.

Oh so the fact he is useless will secure his future under another manager. What utter nonsense. Even if Hughes where to be sacked I am very sure that this clown will be no where near our club next season.

mmmmmm so why then did Everton what him on loan? People like you amaze me you wouldn't get to where he has by being useless(I would admit he has looked crap almost all season for us). Sometimes moves just dont work out, it's as simple as that, I think alot of the blame has to go to the fact that he missed almost the whole of the preseason in China and as such has had to wing it most of the year.

bluepeter62 said:
To me its something you read again and again, I'm sure Jo would like to not work with Hughes again and would sooner move and thats what he is fishing for, as alot of loan players feel as their time counts down. However, the one thing that he said that does ring true, I think if Hughes isn't there he will be playing for us next year.

Oh so the fact he is useless will secure his future under another manager. What utter nonsense. Even if Hughes where to be sacked I am very sure that this clown will be no where near our club next season.

mmmmmm so why then did Everton what him on loan? People like you amaze me you wouldn't get to where he has by being useless(I would admit he has looked crap almost all season for us). Sometimes moves just dont work out, it's as simple as that, I think alot of the blame has to go to the fact that he missed almost the whole of the preseason in China and as such has had to wing it most of the year.
I agree that he probably is better than he has shown for us but I'd quite happily let him move on - it just hasn't worked out and we'll hopefully sign somebody better in the summer anyway.

A player looking for excuses.

It seems very likely that Jo will return from Everton in the Summer, and I hope the fans are prepared to give him a chance.

bluepeter62 said:

Have you actually watched his performances for Everton? I guess because he has scored 3 goals people will say he must be a good player, but 2 of those goals was because of a miscontrol that hit the Bolton defender and fell to him to score a goal I would have score. The 2nd a penalty and the third a shot that had no power and Sorensen let it squeeze under his body.

I am sorry I was hoping he would succeed, but his abilities are limited.

bluepeter62 said:

because they had no strikers left at all, all of them were injured, an Jo (ok he was previously wanted by Moyes) was the only available option.........if he had been top form all season he would still be at city, if moyes still had some fit strikers: he would still be at city,

Bluebeer said:
bluepeter62 said:

because they had no strikers left at all, all of them were injured, an Jo (ok he was previously wanted by Moyes) was the only available option.........if he had been top form all season he would still be at city, if moyes still had some fit strikers: he would still be at city,

Only available option? just in England there are 92 clubs! and your telling me that on deadline day the only striker available was Jo, your kidding right?

bluepeter62 said:
bluepeter62 said:

Have you actually watched his performances for Everton? I guess because he has scored 3 goals people will say he must be a good player, but 2 of those goals was because of a miscontrol that hit the Bolton defender and fell to him to score a goal I would have score. The 2nd a penalty and the third a shot that had no power and Sorensen let it squeeze under his body.

I am sorry I was hoping he would succeed, but his abilities are limited.

I have been unimpressed with him as a city player, and from what I have seen unimpressed while at Everton, I just would like to see the guy with a normal preseason before writing him totally off thats all I'm saying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.