JO - Everton on Loan

Gwladiator said:
stony said:
The point I was making about Chelsea was in response to your remark about over paying players, and it's a pertinent one. Regardless of where Chelsea where in the League, the fact that they paid higher wages for their players didn't affect the players performances. Which is what you were originally implying would happen at City.
People always forget the huge investment into Chelsea by way of massive bank loans before the arrival of Abramovich. So it was money that propelled them into a top four team and not sound management.
Your argument just doesn't stand up mate. You can't or won't admit it, but in the next few years ADUG's investment into City, will see us take off in a huge way.
Everyone just sees the same "typical city" though. I'm not even getting annoyed at other fans reactions any more. I know where we are heading and I would put money on us finishing above Everton this coming season.

Chelsea paid high wages to a high quality of player, what is Craig Bellamy earning at the moment?
And I have no doubt City will eventually over take us unless we recieve investment but I don't think that'll happen just yet.
Also, as I said before all these massive egos and wages won't build a good team spirit.

80k. He was only 70k at west ham.

Gwladiator said:
stony said:
The point I was making about Chelsea was in response to your remark about over paying players, and it's a pertinent one. Regardless of where Chelsea where in the League, the fact that they paid higher wages for their players didn't affect the players performances. Which is what you were originally implying would happen at City.
People always forget the huge investment into Chelsea by way of massive bank loans before the arrival of Abramovich. So it was money that propelled them into a top four team and not sound management.
Your argument just doesn't stand up mate. You can't or won't admit it, but in the next few years ADUG's investment into City, will see us take off in a huge way.
Everyone just sees the same "typical city" though. I'm not even getting annoyed at other fans reactions any more. I know where we are heading and I would put money on us finishing above Everton this coming season.

Chelsea paid high wages to a high quality of player, what is Craig Bellamy earning at the moment?
And I have no doubt City will eventually over take us unless we recieve investment but I don't think that'll happen just yet.
Also, as I said before all these massive egos and wages won't build a good team spirit.

Your pissing in the wind mate. Shevchenko is pure quality and well worth his money I suppose?
Eventually take you over ? Try this season, I repeat, I will put money on it.
Massive egos ? They're Premiership footballers, they've all got massive ego's, lol.
Oh, apart from Robinho who quite happily poses for pics with fans when he is spotted shopping in town. In fact most City players are quite accessible to the fans. Try looking on the official site for City in the Community.

Gwladiator said:
stony said:
Gwladiator said:
alera said:
No way Richards will be going to Everton. Less than no chance I would think. He has just signed a 5 year deal and is on £55k a week. No way Everton could afford that even if we let him go and he was willing to take such a huge step down !

You seriously make me laugh. a huge step down? we consistantly finish above City and can offer European football. I fail to see how it would be a huge step down?

To be fair, your recent history means nothing. You have peaked and without serious investment you will never break the top 4 on a sustainable basis.
We on the other hand have serious investment behind us and an infrastructure is being put in place at the club that will see us become serious challengers in the coming years.
Players want to go where the money and success is, and they sense that City is fast becoming the place to be.
So without wanting to be disrespectful, a move to Everton from City at this period in time, would be a step down for any player.

No, at this period in time it would be a step up. Sure city is where the money is but it's been there for 2 years and I am still yet to see City break the top 6. Football is a results business, it's all well and good having all the money in the world but If you don't produce the goods on the pitch it doesn't mean much and City haven't been doing that. Until City break that top 6 and push the top 4 you are going to find it incredibly hard to convince players on already big wages at bigger clubs (e.g. kaka...) that Manchester City is the place to be and these are the players you will need to really challenge at the top. This season I think you lot are going about it the right way, players like Barry, Tevez and RSC are just the kind of players you will need to reach the next level, until then you may aswell forget about these world superstars. So although City have the potential to be challenging at the top, for now at least, a move to Everton certaily wouldn't be a 'huge step down'.

Saying that we're struggling to break into the top 6, despite having had loads of money for 2 years, is a flawed argument that I've heard many times.

Yes, we spent quite a bit of money under Shinawatra, but that was mainly to turn a badly struggling team into a decent upper mid-table one.

Our most substantial investment only arrived hours before last summer's transfer deadline, and January was used to fix the lack of steel in our team.

Granted, until the players step out on the pitch for the new season, we will be behind you in terms of recent league finishing positions, however I have a feeling that may change rather soon.

Everton will struggle to finish in the top 6 this season IMO. If you look at the players we are bringing in along with what we already have top 6 is a realistic target at the very least - especially without the Europa 2 bob cup as a distraction.

Then you have Villa they have lost a couple of very good players (but then Everton have lost a fair few to bad injuries) They have a rich owner and a very good manager they will strengthen this summer. Spurs have a decent manager now and they will spend big as always and have someone who will spend it well this time - at least in terms of making them a top 6 side again. Spurs dont have wurope as a distraction either.

So thats 4 teams going for 2 spots and you could argue 3 of them are all going to be stronger than Everton going into the next season - in terms of squad side and resources to strengthen their teams certainly.

Fair play to son of Gollam he can pick a player but you can only go so far with signings from the championship, bargains from the European leagues and crawling round looking for charity loan signings.

His luck will run out eventually and he will move on to bigger and better things. You are starting to carry a few injurys / injury prone players in a very small squad as well - Jagielka - done his cruciate will never be the same and will miss most of the season. Arteta / Yakubu comming back from bad injuries - unlikley to be the same, Saha - constantly injured etc. These are key players that you have no adequate cover for.

Lets see who else we bring in and where our respective sides finish at the end of this season. I am very confident we will finish above Everton that is for sure.

Given a choice no decent player would choose Everton over city.

Everton will finnish top 6 imo. Yak and Arteta to come back and im sure moyes will buy a good defender or 2.

Shooter 83 said:
Everton will finnish top 6 imo. Yak and Arteta to come back and im sure moyes will buy a good defender or 2.

Everton finished last season without Yakubu , a 20+ goal a season striker , Arteta , who's pedigree is well repected and Jagielka , the teams best defender , on topof this went through a large part of the season without any recognised strikers and had a terrible start , 8 points in 8 games conceding 2 - 3 goals a game and still finished 5th and in the FA Cup final , Underestimate Everton at your peril , Liverpool did at Anfield and Goodison , Utd did at Wembley , and Chelsea couldn't beat us in the league , Moyes only buys players who'll improve the team and ones he know will fit in with his work ethic .... You'd be a fool to write off Everton so flippantly

Hard work ethic etc we all know what that means......

At the end of the day its very one dimensional kick and rush. Son of Gollam and Fattydyce created this "RUIN" style of play. Everyone behind the ball, look for one goal and set up shop. You have players like Cahill and Fellini that kick any opposition player with any skill that actually try and play football and do something with the ball.

Absolutely terrible to watch.

Fair play it’s got results up to a point but I wouldn’t want to watch that rubbish every week. We will see next season, Everton never seen to move forward they just tread water and cling on by their finger tips. I can see them finishing 7 or 8th this season. City and Spurs should have enough to take the remaining top 6 spots.

Anyway back on topic this Jo deal certainly seems to be dragging on. It’s not hard to sort out a loan move at the end of the day especially with him being there last season and training with them this week.

Can only mean he is part of the Lescott deal....

have we signed Lescott yet ? i hope we do ,just can't see him leaving Everton,he's well liked their and
thy have Europe we don't

I see not having to play in the Europa two bob league as a distinct advantage. Look at last season. 18 Games we dont have to play 14 of which were complete garbage !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.