Jo

Everton1878 said:
Great debut by Jo. If you take into account he is not match fit, not as sharp as he can be and was playing in a totally new system and with different players he had a great game.

You can see that there is a really good player there. It just needs coaxing out. Considering he spent the whole game being smashed into by O'Brien and Cahill his hold up play was really surprising. Why you have loaned him out I don't know, you have a terrific striker there. It's a shame that because we have a chairman that is a total bell end we will never be able to afford him.

A few things you lot have said though are really baffling. Lucky touch for his first goal? Watch it again, he just makes a show of the centre half.

If he looks at the big picture then yes, Everton will not be able to maintain their league position for much longer. we will pass them next year. Villa now have, they wont catch the top 4 positions. However if he is happy then I wouldnt blame him for staying.

What are you basing this on? Because you're certainly not basing it on previous seasons were we have out-matched clubs that have spent more than us. Why wont we be able to maintain it? We still have a better side than you lot, regardless of your insane spending.

He's playing with a bunch of clobbers

What? Disregarding Robinho we have a player in Arteta that is miles better than any player you have. Just because you recently watched us play Liverpool, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool again and we haven't passed them off the park doesn't mean we can't play.

Jo is a very good player mate, hasn't settled at all well here and not helped by some our dickhead fans getting on his case after a handfull of games. I hope he make them look like the mugs they are! good look to the lad I say.

Everton1878 said:
A few things you lot have said though are really baffling. Lucky touch for his first goal? Watch it again, he just makes a show of the centre half.

People who can't accept when they are wrong, ignore it. For some reason people say on here he never wins anything in the air (he wins absolutely everything) and that he can't hold the ball up (as you say he does a damn good job of it).

Everton1878 said:
What? Disregarding Robinho we have a player in Arteta that is miles better than any player you have. Just because you recently watched us play Liverpool, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool again and we haven't passed them off the park doesn't mean we can't play.

Even disregarding Robinho you might be pushing that just a tad, Ireland has been playing out of his skin all season and and been praised and praised for how well he has performed. I couldn't compare him to any of our more defensive minded players because that would be stupid but yes, you are stretching that a little bit.

Jo is a talented player, and I hope he does well at Everton. I just hope that, if he does, we don't do something stupid like let him stay there permanently.

One thing I would say is that Robinho hasn't even been our best player this season. I rate Arteta, don't get me wrong, but if we're going off this season, I'd say Stevie has - at least - matched him. Ireland is a top player these days, he really is.

It's an interesting comparison between City and Everton, man for man. After the january window, Everton players who'd definitely get in our side are: Lescott, Cahill, Fellaini and (possibly) Arteta, as I'm not sure where he'd fit in. The difference is more attitude than ability. We'll see how that plays out over the rest of the season.

There are two major factors really, one is he hasn't had the most prolific record with fans expecting him to bang in 15 in his first 20 games. The fans have got on his back (they're already saying he's the next Samaras) and the second is Hughes doesn't seem to have any confidence in him and says he has no chance of first team football for the rest of the season. He's also been in the press for the wrong reasons like late nights and being sick. He needed to get his head down and work. Judging from his performances after talk in the media about him his confidence was shot and watching the Everton game it shows what teamwork can do. Everton were involving him in everything, talking to him, giving him encouragement and when he took his chances the fans and the players on the pitch were really happy for him. Moyes was delighted and kept encouraging him and congratulating him. It shows what a good team ethic and man management can do, Everton may not have the best squad or world-class players on the pitch, but their team spirit and desire to work for each other is second to none in the Premiership. That's why they consistently finish in the European places and add to the fact they have a very astute manager who gets the best of what he can with what he has.

Braggster said:
Jo is a talented player, and I hope he does well at Everton. I just hope that, if he does, we don't do something stupid like let him stay there permanently.

One thing I would say is that Robinho hasn't even been our best player this season. I rate Arteta, don't get me wrong, but if we're going off this season, I'd say Stevie has - at least - matched him. Ireland is a top player these days, he really is.

It's an interesting comparison between City and Everton, man for man. After the january window, Everton players who'd definitely get in our side are: Lescott, Cahill, Fellaini and (possibly) Arteta, as I'm not sure where he'd fit in. The difference is more attitude than ability. We'll see how that plays out over the rest of the season.

Dont forget Jags mate, he's embarressed every forward he's been up against this season!

vbr said:
There are two major factors really, one is he hasn't had the most prolific record with fans expecting him to bang in 15 in his first 20 games. The fans have got on his back (they're already saying he's the next Samaras) and the second is Hughes doesn't seem to have any confidence in him and says he has no chance of first team football for the rest of the season. He's also been in the press for the wrong reasons like late nights and being sick. He needed to get his head down and work. Judging from his performances after talk in the media about him his confidence was shot and watching the Everton game it shows what teamwork can do. Everton were involving him in everything, talking to him, giving him encouragement and when he took his chances the fans and the players on the pitch were really happy for him. Moyes was delighted and kept encouraging him and congratulating him. It shows what a good team ethic and man management can do, Everton may not have the best squad or world-class players on the pitch, but their team spirit and desire to work for each other is second to none in the Premiership. That's why they consistently finish in the European places and add to the fact they have a very astute manager who gets the best of what he can with what he has.

Fantastic post!

BornBlue said:
Braggster said:

Dont forget Jags mate, he's embarressed every forward he's been up against this season!

He would probably have to play ahead of Big Vince. I prefer our man. Good player though, no doubt about that. I would have:

Given
Zab
Vince
Lescott
Bridge
Fellaini
Ireland
De Souza
Cahill
SWP/Arteta
Bellamy/Jo

That's based on currently available players. Obviously Yakubu would play up front if fit. Bloody good side that would be. Good bench too: Howard, Richards, Jags, Yobo, Elano, SWP/Arteta, Bellamy/Jo

Braggster said:
BornBlue said:
Braggster said:

He would probably have to play ahead of Big Vince. I prefer our man. Good player though, no doubt about that. I would have:

Given
Zab
Vince
Lescott
Bridge
Fellaini
Ireland
De Souza
Cahill
SWP/Arteta
Bellamy/Jo

That's based on currently available players. Obviously Yakubu would play up front if fit. Bloody good side that would be. Good bench too: Howard, Richards, Jags, Yobo, Elano, SWP/Arteta, Bellamy/Jo

I'd have Jags in ahead of Lescott tbf fella as would a lot of blues the man has been absolutely unbelievable this season which of course makes me happy, he was the player I wanted to see suceed the most out of that summer's signing's and he's turned into the best everton CH ive seen since Ratcliffe! Cracking team thouh none the less! I'll get on the phone to Kenwrong, see if i can sort something out! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.